Some questions about employment!

rufio

Original Poster
Hi!! My husband and I are moving to Orlando (probably) in November and I'm considering applying with Disney. If for nothing else to save money on annual passes! I only know people who have worked at Disney via the College Program, so I have no idea how "normal" employment works. I do have a Bachelor's Degree that I'm pretty sure is useless as far as Disney goes (Religious Studies) so I'd just be joining the ranks of the working class! :p

Here are my questions:

So do you apply for a specific position? Is there any guarantee you'll get what you apply for? Mostly I'm sure I'll die if I have to work outside in the summer, so I need to feel confident that I can get an indoor position.

Is it a good or bad idea to apply in August when I won't be moving until November? I'd like to have a job lined up when I get there.

What jobs are there other than the usual retail and hotel jobs?

How difficult is it to get hired if you're not CP?

That's all I have for now, but thank you in advance! :D

Dasnowz

you apply for a position and in the interview they will find the job that fits you best. There are no guaranteed indoor jobs. Most jobs work in various locations on property and can be indoor or outdoor. When you apply, if they accept you will get a few days to do online. If online goes well then you get 7 days to do face to face. After that then comes onboarding which is background check and paperwork. From there you get your traditions date. August is way to early to apply. you can have an interview set up when you get here but it will take a few weeks to a month to start. Disney is not the kind of job you can have lined up and waiting unless you get a salaried position and those take months and months.

There are thousands of jobs.... food and beverage. attractions. tickets. costuming. the list goes on and on.

rufio

Original Poster
We are currently agressively hiring bus drivers. You sit down all day in the air conditioning. That's my role and I love it.

Is there a special license required to drive Disney buses? I've never driven a bus... but I could probably get on board with that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom