Some of My Cels I painted

CalDizny

Original Poster
Here is a Pocahontas Cel I did a couple of months ago.
I wish I could get into CalArts or Ringling
CalDizny

Attachments

• pocahontas.jpg
    pocahontas.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 633

NowInc

Not bad...I myself am also an "artist" so I can maybe help you out a bit in choosing your school. What kind of job do you want to get after you graduate? That will make all the difference between ringling and calarts..

CalDizny

Original Poster
This is another Cel I did Not as good as the other one
CalDizny

Attachments

• r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 587

NowInc

Not bad..but here is a MAJOR suggestion::

If you want to work for disney....DONT draw like them...

Do life drawings...they dont want someone who has a style already...they teach that to you when you get hired...thats the biggest mistake a lot of people make when applying there..showing up with a sketch book filled with disney characters..

Tramp

To NOW and CAL:

My 10 year old daughter has some serious talent....she became bored drawing disney characters and her art teacher told her to start developing her own characters....here are some of the drawings she has made recently....

Attachments

• kittybaby.jpg
    kittybaby.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 543

Tramp

last one....just like your cells, Cal....the scan doesn't do them justice...it's hard for people to believe that a 10 year old can draw creatively....

Attachments

• kittybath.jpg
    kittybath.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 488

Tramp

I made Christmas cards from this one....
she calls it reindeer dogs....

Attachments

• reindeerdog.jpg
    reindeerdog.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 470

NowInc

Wow tramp...even for 20 year old that would be impressive....I certainly hope you are going to encourag her to persue her art as she gets older...I mean...the shading skills alone that she is showing is stuff that most people wouldnt even bother with...

Truely amazing stuff....

Tramp

Originally posted by NowInc
Wow tramp...even for 20 year old that would be impressive....I certainly hope you are going to encourag her to persue her art as she gets older...I mean...the shading skills alone that she is showing is stuff that most people wouldnt even bother with...

Truely amazing stuff....

How do I say it without sounding like a bragging dad....this girl has some 'real' talent....not perceived in any way....her school art teachers say she has skills far beyond college levels...her Saturday art teacher cannot stop bragging about her....my wife and I can't draw proportionate 'stick' people so the genes come for her grandpa who was very talented.

She wants to be a writer of children's books and illustrate them too...I encourage anything she wants to do but I don't want her to be a starving artist....she needs to go to the best schools...she's one of two smartest students in her school ...straight A+.....smart enuf for law or medical school...those genes she got from ME...:animwink:

I will post a nice picture of Lady and the Tramp soon...it's so big I can't scan it on my scanner so I have to take it somewhere to get it reduced....and while we were waiting at the Disney store in line for pins at the end of last year...we showed people her drawings and a woman is gonna pay her to draw 'Dopey."...I need her to make as much money as possible so she can take care of her old man ...

NowInc

Tramp...as an "artist" ...I can tell you that the only STARVING artists are the ones with non-natural talent...your daughter obviosuly has natural skills. She can take this VERY far..you should invest in getting her paints and such..see how far she can take it.

I am sure when she is old enough, she will have a better grasp on what she wants to do...She probobly hasnt even explored the extents of her abilities yet..and I bet that once she taps into that...the art will only get more and more impressive...

DisJosh

Cal, Now is right on! Art schools don't want to see that stuff either...I mean I'm sure you just do those for personal enjoyment but thats not what a school wants to see in you portfolio. Stick to life drawings whether inanimate objects or living beigns. most schools like to see at least half or more than half of your protfolio to be from life...objects or beings that you actually sat in front of and sketched or drew. I my self just applied to ringling...I'm hopeful and have had Nows and alot of others from here encouragement and help. If you have any questions at all I'm sure I can answer em' for ya if not go to the man Now!

BTW very nice work with the cells.

And tramp! thats great work for anyone let alone a 10 year old! I really hope she persues art.

Hey Now so what you're sayin is that I wont struggle in art as a career!? Hehe :D

CalDizny

Original Poster
Wow!!
Everyone here are so Friendly & helpful
Thank You DAn,Richie, and Josh..
Ty Marcia
I mostly do Oil Paintings
I have a few characters of my own,that were created from ex-co workers from my past.
Although I dont think I could use them in a comic strip in this era.
Everyone seems to be Politically Correct.
Richie.. Your Daughter Draws Very Well.
Very Nice Drawings.
I really havent taken any Art Classes Just watched PBS
William Alexander and Bob Ross.
I took a Art Class in High School ,But Thats it.
NowInc.
I hear you are a Musician too?
What Instruments do you play?
I play trumpet/Keyboards and Piano
My dad used to Own a Music store Now my Oldest Brother has It .

CalDizny

DisJosh

Originally posted by CalDizny
Wow!!
Everyone here are so Friendly & helpful
Thank You DAn,Richie, and Josh..
Ty Marcia
I mostly do Oil Paintings
I have a few characters of my own,that were created from ex-co workers from my past.
Although I dont think I could use them in a comic strip in this era.
Everyone seems to be Politically Correct.
Richie.. Your Daughter Draws Very Well.
Very Nice Drawings.
I really havent taken any Art Classes Just watched PBS
William Alexander and Bob Ross.
I took a Art Class in High School ,But Thats it.
NowInc.
I hear you are a Musician too?
What Instruments do you play?
I play trumpet/Keyboards and Piano
My dad used to Own a Music store Now my Oldest Brother has It .

CalDizny

You're welcome Cal!! Don't hessitate to post more of your art work I LOVE seeing others stuff just as much as like showing off my own. :D

Tigggrl

WOW! So much talent here on the boards!I can not draw a straight line either, so I can completely understand how talented you all are! Josh, I hope you get in to Ringling! Please keep us posted...
Tramp, your daughter has some amazing capabilities, and she is a great student too! Not suprisingly..Keep on being the supportive folks you are. Its important!
Cal, you know how I feel...:)
I wish you all lived in my town, so I could help you with your art supply needs. Try some new mediums, and you may get even more creative!
Art is such a Vast and great area of discovery...and I am soooo jealous! LOL!
Tig:animwink:

CalDizny

Original Poster
Hi DisJosh!!
Lets see some of your stuff C`mon Show off Time!!!
BTW My name is Mitchell
Hi Sheri

CalDizny:hammer: :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom