Some observations...

Skooterkid

Original Poster
Just got back from Disney World on Tuesday (left Port Orleans Riverside on Monday morning, which was very rainy and miserable due to Isaac, and flew overnight back to London), and I noticed a lot of folks on here report back about what has gone awry at the happiest place on earth. So here are my two cents:

Splash Mountain - Not in as terrible a state as others have reported but definitely could do with some TLC. The Brer Frog of the first ascent is very quiet and hardly moves. The water jet wasn't working for the couple of times I rode. Most of the animatronics inside seemed to be working well, with the exception of Brer Bear with the beehive on his nose, who was barely moving, and the turtles which seem to lay lifeless with a stick up their backs and no water squirting up. Also, the last time I rode the audio which usually plays just before the Laughin' Place drop didn't play.

Big Thunder Mountain - It's looking in great condition but not a whole lot has changed in terms of the actual ride, to my recollection. The queue has a few new elements but nothing too note-worthy.

Country Bear Jamboree - I saw this the day before it closed and it was still brilliant. As others have reported, Melvin the moose was a little quiet but was audible when I sat closer. The bears' movement was a little stiff but I forgot about this as soon as my favourite songs are played. I hope they don't touch this classic too much!

The Liberty Bell - I thought that this had just had a refurbishment but I saw a lot of cobwebs towards the front of the boat on the middle deck. I rode this twice with a week in between and both times I spied the same dead spider! The rest of the boat looked pretty good but I kind of overlooked it due to the cobwebs - something which a bit of spring cleaning should have taken care of!

Peoplemover - This is a really little thing but when the ride runs alongside the Laugh Floor building and the narrator says his thing, Roz speaks very quietly afterwards - anyone know if Disney has done this on purpose for some reason?

Expedition Everest - Do I even need to say it? - the Yeti is still broken :(

Spaceship Earth - The Rome burning smell was there, but definitely not as strong as it used to be. In the descent to earth part the curtains are still up, as far as I can recall.

Rockin' Rollercoaster - Seemed a little unpredictable as it had a delayed opening one morning and on another occassion the wait time board wasn't working (it said 30 minutes but the cast member was telling people that it was actually close to an hour).

That's all the issues I can think of at the moment, but I'll see if I can think of some more...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom