Some new Everest Construction Pics (6/29) - not 56k friendly

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
these were taken yesterday from a few different places in AK. Enjoy! High res versions available on request

**normally, I would post the images on the site, rather than linking to them... but this new post editor does not like me, so this hyperlink will do for now**

http://www.qubefactor.com/~wdwmedia/mkt/everest/

lentesta

Premium Member
The visuals from Kali look really good. Nice proportion, it seems. Great photos. Has all of the track been installed?

Len

Chape19714

lentesta said:
The visuals from Kali look really good. Nice proportion, it seems. Great photos. Has all of the track been installed?

No, all of the Track is not yet in and i would expect another 6+ mounths until it is. The station is not yet in, and one of the drops just simply ends. When standing at the base, you can trace out a major helix with braking platforms and some other areas, but other than that, no not all of the track is in yet.

Timekeeper

mkt said:
these were taken yesterday from a few different places in AK. Enjoy! High res versions available on request

mkt,

1) Try using a park guidemap to shade your camera from that high-noon sun to prevent lens flare.

2) Be careful when standing on those benches, they're not bolted to the ground and it can be easy to lose your balance when you're focused on taking a picture and a tourist with a mountain climbing backpack bumps into you because they don't realize their backpack extends 4 feet behind them.

:wave:

Timekeeper

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Timekeeper said:
mkt,

1) Try using a park guidemap to shade your camera from that high-noon sun to prevent lens flare.

ooo.. thanks for the pointer on that. I will most definitely try that next time. I didn't go in with the intention of getting these shots, so I just fired away. I'll definitely keep that in mind though.

Timekeeper said:
2) Be careful when standing on those benches, they're not bolted to the ground and it can be easy to lose your balance when you're focused on taking a picture and a tourist with a mountain climbing backpack bumps into you because they don't realize their backpack extends 4 feet behind them.

lol. No benches for me. I use trash cans and boulders. Since I found out that WDW trash cans will hold my weight, it's been a blessing in disguise. Not to mention, I surfed and skateboarded when I was a kid. I know how to take a fall and walk away.

Next time though, I'll use something with a better zoom.

POOHKILLEDTOAD

what type of ride exactly is EE going to be? obviously its a coaster of some sort but can we expect a big thunder mountain rr or more like an aerosmith?

ogryn

POOHKILLEDTOAD said:
what type of ride exactly is EE going to be? obviously its a coaster of some sort but can we expect a big thunder mountain rr or more like an aerosmith?

A cross between the two (no inversions though)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
PhilharMagician said:
Great pics! Thanks, but you disappoint me! I can't believe you are spilling that innocent Molson all over this thread! :cry:

i agree, that is alcohol abuse buddy. seek help. :cry:

Brewski

Sweet Pics

I love the first one from Kali RR, Im picturing the crane as being the out side part of the mountain and its getting me pumped. Good Work:sohappy:

imamouse

ogryn said:
A cross between the two (no inversions though)

Any ideas/knowledge as to why no inversions? Not even a corkscrew? :cry:
I'm so disappointed, but I know I'll ride it anyway and be grateful for a new ride at AK!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom