Some Christmas Questions..Share with us..:)

Steamboat_Kevin

Movie? A Christmas Story
TV show? How The Grinch Stole Christmas (I think that's what you meant, it was a TV-movie)
Song? BNL's version of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"
Food? Candy canes
Drink? I don't really drink anything special for Christmas (I hate eggnog)

What tops your tree? Nothing, actually

Colored lights or white lights? Colored

Tinsel or garland? Neither

Do you have a theme for your tree and decorations? Nope

What is it? Just a bunch of random ornaments

What do you leave out for Santa Claus? I used to leave out leftover cookies and milk

Wrapped presents or unwrapped? Wrapped!

Do you hang stockings? Yep

Do you hang mistletoe? Nope

What is on your front door? Nothing special

Do you decorate inside and outside? Yep

Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Well, One side of my family celebrates on the 23rd, then the other side of my family celebrates on Christmas Eve, and then my immediate family celebrates on Christmas. So I get presents the 23rd, 24th, and 25th :)

What are some of your family traditions? Going to the local sports bar every year on the 23rd with my dad's side of the family before going back to my house for eating/opening presents. And my mom's side of the family makes a list of who buys for who at the Christmas Eve party. One adult buys for one kid, one kid buys for one kid, and Grandparents buy for everyone.

LouDisney

Favorite Christmas..

Movie? Christmas Vacation

TV show? A Year Without Santa

Song? O Holy Night

Food? To many to name

Drink? Coffee and Sparkling Apple Cider

What tops your tree? Tinker Bell

Colored lights or white lights? Colored, but my tree only has red lights

Tinsel or garland? garland

Do you have a theme for your tree and decoration? No, but next year...all Diseny

What do you leave out for Santa Claus? cookies and milk course ;)

Wrapped presents or unwrapped? Wrapped

Do you hang stockings? Yes

Do you hang mistletoe? Sometimes

What is on your front door? A wreath

Do you decorate inside and outside? Both

Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Xmas eve with some family, and Xmas Day with the rest.

What are some of your family traditions? Christmas eve dinner, getting home to see Santa ride through the neighbor hood on the fire truck...hehe!
I always watch It's a Wonder Life on Xmas eve.

Pongo

Favorite Christmas..

Movie? Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas. The cartoon version. I can't stand the Jim Carrey one. What a discrace to Seuss's work.
Song? Angels We Have Heard on High. What Child is This. Carol of the Bells. The First Noel. In that order.
Food? The chocolate mint cookies my mom makes.
Drink? Hot Chocolate

What tops your tree? An Angel

Colored lights or white lights? Only white outside the house. On the tree, only white red and green.

Tinsel or garland? Tinsel and Beads

Do you have a theme for your tree and decorations? Hahahaha, definitely not. Our ornaments are all over the place, from pink saxophones to angel dalmatians to pigs to tractors. Seriously.

What do you leave out for Santa Claus? Cookies and Carrots

Wrapped presents or unwrapped? Definitely wrapped. Santa's presents are wrapped in brown paper. Stocking stuffers are wrapped in white tissue paper with green or red ribbon.

Do you hang stockings? Of course! Mine is crochet'd with a little boy looking in a toy shop window on it with my name at the top. I've had it and will have it forever.

Do you hang mistletoe? No. Though a few years in a row, my friend and I sold misteltoe on the side of the road. That was fun.

What is on your front door? A wreath.

Do you decorate inside and outside? Yes. Lots inside. Lights and light-up reindeer outside.

Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Both. One present on Christmas Eve that my mom picks out, and the rest on Christmas morning.

What are some of your family traditions? I pretty much covered all the basics. I like to sit at the base of the tree under a blanket with my dog and open the presents as I drink some hot chocolate and listen to Christmas tunes. Then I go to my aunt's house to get and give the gifts there. Christmas is usually just a slack day. I love Christmas.

joanna71985

Okay..I want to know some things about you all at Christmas time..So share with me please..:xmas:

Favorite Christmas..

Movie? That's a hard one. But I think I would have to go with White Christmas
TV show? How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Song? The Christmas Shoes song
Food? Christmas cookies, homemade :slurp:
Drink? Hot Chocolate

What tops your tree? Homemade Angel

Tinsel or garland? Both, but more tinsel

Do you have a theme for your tree and decorations?
What is it? Nope

What do you leave out for Santa Claus? Cookies and milk

Do you hang stockings? Yup. My mom made them

Do you hang mistletoe? Fake :lookaroun

Do you decorate inside and outside? Yup

Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Christmas Day

What are some of your family traditions? Every year my family goes to see a Nativity show put on at a church. Every year without fail we all go (this church also puts on an Easter show). This will be the first year I don't see it with them.:(

Thanks..:xmas:

I like this one very much.:)

miles1

Okay..I want to know some things about you all at Christmas time..So share with me please..:xmas:

Favorite Christmas..

Movie? Miracle on 34th St (the original one)
TV show? WDW Christmas Parade
Song? And so this is Christmas (Paul McCartney, I Think)
Food? All of it.
Drink? All of them, too.

What tops your tree? A large Angel

Colored lights or white lights? We alternate back and forth. I like white, DW likes colored.

Tinsel or garland? Usually neither, just beads

Do you have a theme for your tree and decorations?
What is it? Our theme is "How much stuff can the kids throw on the tree before mom gets stressed out?"

What do you leave out for Santa Claus? Cookies, milk or eggnog.

Wrapped presents or unwrapped? Wrapped. I really enjoy doing it too.

Do you hang stockings? On the mantel with great care.

Do you hang mistletoe? Sometimes. If I am sober enough to climb a ladder to reach the chandelier over the front entry.

What is on your front door? Right now, nothing:eek: . We are WAY behind this year as we're getting ready to sell the house.

Do you decorate inside and outside? Usually both, but see above.

Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? We gather with family on Christmas Eve, about 30 or 40 people, for a huge dinner. Dinner is without meat, my mom's tradition, but with lots of good traditional Italian fish dishes, pasta, and deserts. Then we exchange family gifts. Santa comes overnight for the kids, and we open those in the morning before we start eating all over again, more Italian tradition.

What are some of your family traditions? Um, eating a lot:eek: See above.

Merry Christmas!

crazycalf

Favorite Christmas..

Movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
TV show? Charlie Brown's Christmas
Song? Santa Clause Lane
Food? Christmas Cookies
Drink? ?

What tops your tree? A Holiday Minnie

Colored lights or white lights? Colored, with big bulbs if possible

Tinsel or garland? garland

Do you have a theme for your tree and decorations? not really
What is it? disney, peanuts, frosty friends a few other random things

What do you leave out for Santa Claus? milk and cookies

Wrapped presents or unwrapped? wrapped

Do you hang stockings? yes

Do you hang mistletoe? yes, but it is fake

What is on your front door? a mickey shaped thing with bells on it

Do you decorate inside and outside? yes

Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? day

What are some of your family traditions? denny's for christmas breakfast breakfast

Debbie

We always had those too! My brother and SIL bought some the other year and the tree looks great! :sohappy:

This is what we had too, and because they would get so hot; my father insisted on soaking the tree for days before they would put it up. The C-7 and C-9 lights seems to be making a comeback; maybe because they don't give you the headache a strand of mini-lights do? I mean no searching for the loose little bulb; just unscrew the burnt out one and screw in the new one. And the 'retro' ones are starting to come in neat colors too.

pinkrose

Favorite Christmas..

Movie? Tie between Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story
TV show? I like all of the Christmas tv specials
Song? Christmas in Dixie is one of my favs, but I reallly love the silly songs (12 Pains of Christmas, Police Stopped My Car, ect)
Food? Sausage balls, Christmas cookies
Drink? Hot apple cidar

What tops your tree?angel

Colored lights or white lights?white

Tinsel or garland?beaded garland

Do you have a theme for your tree and decorations?It's a "Family Tree". Special ornaments (Hallmark and Disney), and ones made by the kids
What is it? See above

What do you leave out for Santa Claus? Cookies and milk or hot chocolate

Wrapped presents or unwrapped?Santa doesn't wrap, but we have wrapped ones under the tree

Do you hang stockings?yes

Do you hang mistletoe?no

What is on your front door?wreath

Do you decorate inside and outside?yes

Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?Christmas Day

What are some of your family traditions?Until a few years ago, we spent Christmas Eve celebrating my grandfathers birthday (his b'day was on Christmas Eve). We'd open our gifts from my grandparents as well. Now we spend it with my parents. Christmas Day, my parents and sometimes aunts and uncles come over and we have a big dinner. We always have the "A Christmas Story" Marathon on.

MommytoMJM

Favorite Christmas..

Movie? Animated: Annabelles' Wish, Live action: It's a Wonderful Life
TV show? Anything by Rankin and Bass..Esp Year Without a Santa Claus
Song? Contemporary: Breath of Heaven Traditional: Do You Hear What I Hear
Food? Pumpkin anything
Drink? Hot Cocoa

What tops your tree? Angel bought my first married Christmas

Tinsel or garland? Tinsel

Do you have a theme for your tree and decorations? Not really...but I do have a lot of Mary Engelbreit's Believe series
What is it?

What do you leave out for Santa Claus? Cookies and Milk

Do you hang stockings? Yep

Do you hang mistletoe? Not so far this year

What is on your front door? a wreath I made a few years ago

Do you decorate inside and outside? We live in an apt, so aside from the door, no

Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Christmas Day

What are some of your family traditions? I'm not too sure yet, this is the first Christmas MJ undertands, although we do always go to MGM on Christmas Day and I make cards for the Cast Members.

:xmas: :xmas: :xmas:

sbkline

Favorite Christmas..

Movie? Not sure
TV show? Not sure
Song? Not sure
Food? Not sure
Drink? Not sure

What tops your tree? Either a star, or nothing.

Colored lights or white lights? Multi-Colored, twinkling

Tinsel or garland? I'm not sure how to answer, because I use those two words interchangeably for what we put on our tree. But I think what we use, when you buy it at Walmart, is called Tinsel. It comes in various colors, but we usually put the silver kind on our tree. Last year, we used gold tinsel, but we didn't like it as much.

Do you have a theme for your tree and decorations? We put various colors and designs of glass bulbs on the tree, as well as other ornaments that aren't bulbs. Ornaments that we have bought on our travels, such as the Santa riding the Alligator from GatorLand, our Tinerbell ornament from the Magic Kingdom, different homemade ornaments from our childhoods, or just random non-bulb ornaments such as ones that spell out "JOY", or mice riding a train, etc.

What do you leave out for Santa Claus? Nothing. Our child is only 7 months old, so he's too young to do the Santa thing yet, anyway.

Do you hang stockings? Yes

Do you hang mistletoe? No

Do you decorate inside and outside? Just inside

Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Christmas Eve

What are some of your family traditions? Have our own private Christmas on Christmas Eve, including a formal dinner, then do the family Christmas gatherings on Christmas day, or some other day. Watch "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby, which we still need to do. Read one of the nativity stories in the Bible before opening presents.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom