Some advice for Upcoming Trip Please

nicholas

So my roommates and I have finally decided on dates for our trip. We have chosen 9/26 - 10/1. Six days and five nights. Some questions:

How are crowd levels during that time?

They are only getting a five day park hopper, leaving us with one day to do non-park stuff such as explore the hotels, and other non park things. We were going to make that be on the last day, but then realized that Oct 1 is the anniversary and wondered if there were any events going on that we would want to see and change our non-park day to one earlier in the week. Does anyone know of any Oct 1 events?

How far in advance do we need to book La Nouba tickets?

Is it more cost effective for them to buy length of stay passes instead of a one day park hopper if we decide to go to the park each day? And how would that work if not everyone in the room needed a length of stay pass (I would have my AP)?

Thanks in advance for all your help. I adore your advice. And it's cheaper than Birnbaums :p :hammer:

I guess that means you have not gotten your bill yet. Check your mailbox ;)

The parks are not very crowded at all during late September. I was there last year and was amazed at how short the lines were compared to when we usually go in May. Don't expect to be able to use FastPass much though, as alot of the rides were not offering FP last year during the slow time (I hope I hope I hope they changed that this year!)

Upvote 0

imamouse

Nicholas,

One day park hopper? I don't believe such a thing exists. Also, since you have an AP, try to get the group to stick to room only and Park Hopper reservations. Packages require that everyone in the room be on the same package, which would mean a lot of wasted $ for you.
Also, I recommend taking a day off mid-week instead of waiting for the end of your stay. It will give you better 'pacing' throughout your visit, plus you might discover some things on your day off that you'd like to go back to after park hours later in the week.
As for events on the Oct 1 anniversary, I'm no help. Anyone else?

Attendance s/b very light during the last week of Sept. :sohappy: Enjoy! :wave:

Upvote 0

tigger248

The crowds should be great and you should be able to do pretty much everything!

Even though they don't have fast passes, you can still do pretty much everything because the lines are short during that time of year. When I worked by splash mountain, the days the fast pass machines were closed were the days that the lines were pretty much 30 minutes or less all day. If they expect a crowd, they'll open fast pass back up (they measure their expectations based on pre sold tickets and hotel reservations).

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

nicholas said:
Is it more cost effective for them to buy length of stay passes instead of a one day park hopper if we decide to go to the park each day? And how would that work if not everyone in the room needed a length of stay pass (I would have my AP)?

Well it's not going to be cheaper than a 5 day park hopper. You can only buy a length of stay Ultimate Park Hopper based on all the nights you're staying. So in your case it would be 6 days/5 nights for $311 with tax if you bought them in advance. This gets you into EVERYTHING, including DisneyQuest. You also have to buy it for everyone that's on your reservation that doesn't have an AP. So you wouldn't be able to split some people getting a 5 day park hopper and others getting a length of stay.

If you were getting a 6 day park hopper plus for everyone, you would come out ahead with the length of stay pass. The 6 day PHP ticket runs $332.

On a different note, any change you could push your trip back a few days? the Food and Wine festival at Epcot starts on October 1 and is very much worth seeing.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

MNSSHP starts on the October 1. It is a lot of fun. You will be able to walk onto all the rides with proably no wait or very little like 5 minutes. The hours are usually like 7:00 - 12:00.

Good time of year. I have found that the last week os September is dead, then the first week of October it gets a little busy, but nothing like summer or holidays. It is also very warm still, so take your free day and hit a water park.

Upvote 0

DisneyPan

I got your message and...

I think you should get Danny to buy you 5-day park hoppers from Company D. It's not much of a savings, but it's better than nothing. I also think you should take a day off in the middle of your trip.

Call La Nouba and see how fast tickets sell. Ask them when you should book them for the week you're going.
Tuesday – Saturday at 6pm & 9pm.
Dark Days – Sundays and Mondays
407-939-7600.

The only Oct 1 event I could find (besides MNSHP) was the Stitch press event, which I don't know exactly what's going on with that. It has a TBA next to it. I can't believe you're leaving on Oct 1. You're going to miss Mickey's party. Mickey will be ed, and I'm going to kill you.

I wanna come...

PS. How's work?

Upvote 0

nicholas

Original Poster
Yeah, if I had my way, I would shift everything a day or two so as to not miss MNSSHP, but unfortunately I'm at the mercy of their work schedules. Oh well.

And Danny is already getting us an awesome price on the hotel (in fact, we might get two rooms) I would hate to ask him for more.

And of course you can come. Don't be silly.

And why are we talking here when I plan on calling you in half an hour?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom