Solo WDW Trips

DisneyJunkie

For those of you who have ever done a solo trip to WDW......how did you like it? Do you prefer to have someone else along with you, or was it just fine being by yourself and only doing what YOU wanted to do? And what were those things you did on your solo trip that you probably wouldn't have been able to do if you had others with you?

danyoung56

I've been park storming solo for at least 20 years. I enjoy visiting with friends or family, but there's a freedom when going solo. I can have a plan all laid out, and then just dump it if I feel like doing something different or if something comes up to change things. I book nice sit-down dinners, and rarely have anyone pay any attention to me. I've met many great CM's, and look forward to seeing them on my twice a year visits.

Going solo rocks!!!

Upvote 0
I have never visited Disney solo but when the family burns out and want to hang out at the resort, I packed my camera and head to WS solo and have a grand time exploring areas of the park I have never seen before (and at my own pace!). No having to take care of the kids or fight with the spouse on what to do next. I can truly see the appeal to go solo to an extent.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've taken one solo trip and I loved it. I really haven't told hubby exactly how much I loved it. I liked being able to do my own thing, ride what I want, take as many pictures as I wanted, and I didn't feel like I was holding anyone back. I did miss having to someone to share food with, especially as I went during Flower and Garden festival and there were some fun snack booths. I am planning another solo trip in March but a friend of mine is talking about wanting to come along. She is welcome and I know we would have fun, but I would be okay if she didn't come along too.

Upvote 0

EOD K9

I've done numerous solo trips before I met my wife. I went there with no plan and just went with the flow. I brought my book and my iPod. Sometimes I would engage with the families nearby or not....it just depended. On more than one occasion, when the CM asked how many in my party and I responded "one" I received an inquisitive look. I was then given a FP so I wouldnt have to wait on other lines by myself. You can be sure GS was made aware of the magic that was made by their CMs. While eating alone may be a little weird, I enjoyed my overall experience going solo.

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

Been taking Solo trips since 2004 and Love love love it...The freedom to do what I want, how I will enjoy the parks and not have to worry about people who don't want to do rides or think something is childish...I go RENEGADE!:cool:

Upvote 0

ElvisMickey

I've been to WDW solo more than I've been with other people. The freedom to come and go as you please can't be beat. And if you're in the least bit somewhat of an outgoing person, it's not hard to meet people if you're looking to socialize at some point. However going solo is not for everyone. I'm very independent, have somewhat of a loner side, travel for work, etc. I have no problem doing anything by myself. Some people can't even handle going to see a movie by themselves, so...lol.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell 8

I took my first solo trip last year, i was nervous at first that i would feel lonely, but i LOVED it! I was able to do whatever i wanted to do, other guests were more friendly and talked to me waiting for parades and rides, and i met some really great people. I'm already booked for another solo trip to WDW for the Princess half in February and I am planning a solo trip to Disneyland Paris next Sept for their half marathon and Disneyland late next year too.

Upvote 0

Wendy Pleakley

I've had quite a few solo days before joining others at both DL and WDW.

It's incredibly efficient being able to go exactly where you want at any given moment. No discussion. No waiting for someone to finish eating or use the washroom. You can quickly navigate through crowds without constantly having to keep an eye on the person you're with. Single rider lines are always used.

Not having to meet the needs and wants of travelling partners may mean you do different things. Devoting time to photography, resort hopping, or people watching are things you may want to do but can't when your partner is focused on attractions.

If your normal travel partners are all about efficiency, a solo trip can be about taking the scenic route. Don't take a bus to the Magic Kingdom, instead go to Epcot, then continue via monorail and boat.

Upvote 0

Crystal J

Going solo is very enjoyable, you can do what you want to do when you want to do it. What to skip space mountain and ride on the people mover a few times and relax - you can. Want to take pictures, sit on a bench and people watch - you can do that too! I am pretty social, so I talked to others in line and actually met a few people eating and neighboring tables, I guess that is one advantage of tables being close together.

Advantages: You can do what you want to do, you are more efficient since you leave when you are done eating, you the bathroom when you want to go and there is not arguing about what to do next.

Disadvantages: Wanting a drink while waiting for a parade, or need to get up to use the bathroom / get a drink refill while eating since there is no one to watch your table/place/stuff.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I found solo trips to be very productive because I was deciding what would please only my interests and no one else had to be consulted. I got to do a lot more because I only had to stop when I wanted to. No waiting for others to catch up and plenty of single rider lines to hop on. The only time I was unhappy with the arrangement was during meals and not having my family members to converse with. And going to the empty resort room at night.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

I did a solo trip and enjoyed parts of it and other parts not so much. I liked just floating along and letting my day unfold as far as getting up and around and off to the parks. I liked taking the extra time to just be and enjoy the little things at the parks. Yes, I missed my family at times but not so much that it put a damper on the trip. I found that I had more interactions with CM as I was on my own.
One thing that I would do different if I went alone again was get a preferred room so that the walk from the buses at night to my room was closer. I know it is Disney and they do have quite a bit of security but as a female it bothered me a bit walking alone at night -- well, not bothered me as much as I found that I was much more aware and alert to my surroundings as my room was at the back of the resort complex.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I'll let you know in 24 days! My solo trip has really turned into a partial solo trip though, because I have friends who will be there already and friends who are arriving a day after me. I am flying solo and staying at POR solo, and most days will be exploring the parks solo, but I have all my meals and some fps planned with friends- except for the very early breakfast ADR's at GFC and Kona, those will be solo! I like to do my own thing in Disney- I love going with family, but each trip I break away and go off on my own and those times have been some of the best and more relaxing. I am really looking forward to waking up early each day and waiting on just myself to get ready and out out of the room. Not worrying about who wants to do which ride and who doesn't. It just sounds so freeing! I cannot wait!

Upvote 0

Jamie J

I love the Osborne lights and want to see one final time, so I am contemplating a solo for 3 days in December since I have an AP. Just wondering if it will be fun for me or depressing?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom