Solo Trip Report: May 18th - May 25, 2009 (with photos)

Whew... after months of planning - my Disneyworld vacation has come and gone. Originally I was going to Disneyworld with my partner, but, he decided to not go. I ended up going SOLO. And let me tell you... I suggest everyone take at least one solo vacation in their lifetimes. At first I was hesitant about being alone - however, I quickly realized, I was not alone and that I was in for the time of my life!!!!

I will start with Day 1 and the other days gradually in different posts.

My wonderful solo trip report begins now... ENJOY!!!!!

PS... sorry about the photos being so large.

Disneyworld2009053.jpg

Tiggerfanatic

Really great trip report - I've been on the fence about booking a solo trip for my birthday in September, but I think reading about yours has me convinced to go for it.

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Really great trip report - I've been on the fence about booking a solo trip for my birthday in September, but I think reading about yours has me convinced to go for it.

After going solo - I do not think I ever want to travel with anyone else again. LOL. It makes for a very relaxing vacation. To be able to come and go as you please and not have to wait on anyone - it truly is a pleasure. If you go in September - crowds will be low. If you decide to do it - please report back. Im glad you got some inspiration to take a solo from my report. :king:

Check In at Pop Century:
I had completed the online check in option before I left and boy was I glad I did. The regular line was LONG! The online check in line was empty. I was eager to see how the new service worked. The guy who checked me in was GREAT!!! My packet was ready to go with all my information in the folder including my card and quick service meal information.

I haven't heard of the online check-in. Is that for all Disney resorts?

disney4life2008

Original Poster

I haven't heard of the online check-in. Is that for all Disney resorts?

From my understanding, it is at all the disney resorts. You can check in 10 days before your arrival. It was great, I was in the check in line for about 5 minutes. At first I was worried that you would not get CM interaction - but a CM gets the info and you can ask questions. It was great.

From my understanding, it is at all the disney resorts. You can check in 10 days before your arrival. It was great, I was in the check in line for about 5 minutes. At first I was worried that you would not get CM interaction - but a CM gets the info and you can ask questions. It was great.

Well that sounds great! I will definitely go for that option. Smart on Disney's part! It took us quite a long time to get checked in when we went last year. After I waited so long, I was very impatient to get into the room to get settled and then start the fun!! (I always plan my trips 6-9 months out.)

Is this a new service this year? Just wondering if this was available last year and I missed out on taking advantage of it!

lbrad

Thank you for all the great pics!!!! And thanks for sharing your trip with us. What a nice report:) Glad you had a great trip.
I leave for the world in 3 weeks:sohappy:

Can't wait to try online check-in

Disneyfalcon

I'm so glad you had fun despite the weather! It's amazing you got so many great pictures even in the rain. I was astounded by the food in your eating around the world!:eek::lol:

harveyt0206

What a fun and interesting trip perspective. You don't often think of Disney as a solo vacation destination so it was great to hear your thoughts. I have never traveled alone but after reading your report I would definitely consider Disney. I love it and I think I would feel safe there by myself and it would also keep hubby from worrying about me. Have a great time on your next solo trip and I will look forward to your report.

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Great pics!!! Too bad it rained.

I was just thinking earlier that while it rained everyday, it did not make my trip bad. I had preplanned well and went to Wal Mart and for the cheap Ponchos (EXCELLENT TIP from here) and I wore flip flops in the rain. The rain is a drag but I think I made the most of it. :king:

disney4life2008

Original Poster
I am LOVING your trip report! Thank you so much for posting. I do have a quick question however. You noted that you got a fastpass for Test Track. Dont they have a single rider line there? :shrug:
Your pictures are great by the way! Keep them coming!

I do not remember answering your question. Yes, test track has a single rider line. I did not need the fastpass either way because neither line was long. But it was ok, I had already rode Mission and Soarin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom