Trip Report Solo In May

Hi all! This is my first TR over here as I'm just getting more familiar with your boards I thought it was time to share a little more about me and my travels :) (this is crossposted so if you know me elsewhere I'm sorry for being repetitive!)

I didn't do a PTR so a little about me - I'm Maci and I'm addicted to Disney! I go several times a year and have done several of the Disney parks as well as Disney Cruises and Adventures by Disney. My favorite characters are Peter Pan and Princess Aurora. I'm all about delicious food and having a relaxing but jam-packed good time!

Thanks for joining me on this adventure!

sheriffwoody

Great trip so far! That tour looks really cool, I might have to check that out sometime. I love reading about unique experiences like that.

Sorry about your friend's bad news. I hope everything worked out ok for her! Also, have fun win Barcelona...so jealous!

MagicalMaci

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Great trip so far! That tour looks really cool, I might have to check that out sometime. I love reading about unique experiences like that.

Sorry about your friend's bad news. I hope everything worked out ok for her! Also, have fun win Barcelona...so jealous!

I highly recommend if you get the chance, not sure how long the tour will be available! I checked in with her before I left and things are looking up :)

MagicalMaci

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Day 3 - Dinner saves the day!

We were quickly sat once we arrived and immediately we sensed a difference.

A chef came out first thing this time AND they had gluten and egg free bread for Cait to enjoy, she was quite the happy camper! Things went mostly smooth except that my appetizer came out after my entree and I was too full on an extra loaf of pineapple bread to eat it by the time it came.

P1110414a.jpg

Steamed Pork Buns - with cider-braised pork, spicy Hoisin sauce, and Granny apple slaw with roasted brown rice vinaigrette
P1110413a.jpg

Sustainable Fish - with carrot-ginger puree and lemon grass scented cream
20160501_003750072_iOSa.jpg

Lapu lapu!
Everything was tasty and the service was speedy. Big improvement over lunch today and much happier campers :)

I was able to get the app issue sorted out and we quickly hustled to the monorail to get up to Top of the World to finish our night!

The wall was full of people but we were easily able to stand behind and get a good view. I tried to just enjoy and not really worry about pictures as wishes was my one must do this trip!

20160501_021147347_iOSa.jpg
After the fireworks we headed in for one last nightcap to finish our tour and wind down. We closed our tab and headed to the main building for them to hop a monorail to the car and me to stop for a cupcake!

20160501_021347250_iOSa.jpg

20160501_022706394_iOSa.jpg

20160501_030111041_iOSa.jpg

I picked a Star Wars cupcake for breakfast the next day. Vanilla cake, cookies and cream
Filling, and chocolate buttercream. Sounds good right?

I tried to call an uber but kept just getting stuck in requesting limbo and then would get a price surge notice! The price surged twice without me getting an uber so I walked back over to MK and got in line for a bus. Rather than being back $15 poorer but at 11:30, I was just getting on a bus then, so it was a bit of a later night than I had hoped. But no big deal!

I made it back to the Resort right before noon, had a quick Ganachery snack, and hit the hay!

20160501_034244357_iOSa.jpg

Day 3 Recap
The weather was - hot and sunny
Favorite moment - catching up with an old friend
Something new - utilizing the allergy menus
Result - the allergy menus seem great for those common allergies, but we found they caused more problems for the situation.

Up Next: Day 4

MagicalMaci

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Day 4 - Farewell :(

Slept until about 9 and had my leftover zebra domes and ½ my cupcake for breakfast. It was time to go home today and I had no plans! I headed outside to find minimal animal activity on the savanna :( It was not ideal viewing this trip.

20160501_143705849_iOSa.jpg

20160501_143655129_iOSa.jpg

I went ahead and called DME and tried to give myself a little extra time to have a Disney lunch instead of an MCO lunch and after some serious sweet talking was able to get an extra 30 mins later bus time. Later I would find out the original DME I was scheduled on never actually showed up! Definitely glad I had made the switch then!

20160501_154143718_iOSa.jpg
I got all packed up and couldn't quite condense it all down as I had hoped, and fingers crossed for no issues at the airport. I headed out to the pool for some last ditch sunshine efforts and a quick bite to eat. The menu wasn't the most robust but I decided on a kids grilled cheese which really hit the spot and could always have a snack at the airport later if it didn’t hold up. I was able to give my full-size sunscreen to a nice mom and her kids so I didn't have to feel bad about wasting essentially a whole bottle. Those flying liquid rules really bum me out.

20160501_151148579_iOSa.jpg
I only spent about 40 minutes by the pool before it was time to head in to change and gather my luggage. There was a bit of a wait for the restroom but I was able to recompose myself fairly quickly. I headed out and this is when I learned all the DME issues of the day. Thankfully the bus did arrive for us and we loaded on up!

20 minutes into the DME ride they announce that we still have TWO more stops and we might run out of seats before we even head to the airport, yeah there might be some hustling now.

I made it to the airport with no issues after all, and had a peaceful and easy ride home!

20160501_183712037_iOSa.jpg
Final Thoughts -

It was a great little weekend getaway and break from reality! As much as I want to love AKL, I just haven’t been overly impressed the last few times I’ve stayed there so I think it might be some time before I’m back (to stay, I love to eat there!). I’m actually not sure when I’ll be back to WDW at this point in time, my AP expired and flight prices when we wanted to go next year are currently outrageous. Plus there’s still so much else out there in the “real” world I want to see! I’ve gone a couple of times a year for the past few years now and I think it’s time for a little breather. In the meantime, I’ll keep planning other’s Disney vacations as a TA to keep my need to plan and be in the know going :) I can never stay away from the Disney-verse for long!

Next up for me is a Western Caribbean cruise on the Disney Wonder! Can’t wait!

THE END

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom