socks ?

LesaGirlWalton

I am so excited!!! I've got the countdown going. 2weeks and 2 days!*!*!*!

Anyway, I read somewhere that we should buy coolmax socks or something like them. The cheapest I can find would cost over $100 for each of us (5 people) to have one pair for each day. I guess my question is how important are good socks? (packing like mad and counting down every second)

tigsmom

They are very important! You will be walking many more miles than you are normally used to. You want a nice pair of cotton socks to absorb the mositure and prevent blisters.

We don't have those, but could you afford maybe 2 pair for everyone? You could rinse one pair out in the evening and let them dry throughout the day.

Upvote 0

olive10tails

I have, for all of my past trips, have gone to Target and bought a pack of plain old Champion ankle socks for $5. I have never had a problem with moisture. We have gone during the super hot months as well. Socks are socks. I feel I have better things to spend my money on than expensive socks.

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

I wouldn't worry about special socks, but I would make sure that my shoes fit and are well broken in. I also take have an extra pair of shoes so that if/when my main ones get wet.

Upvote 0

EpcotGrl

I usually pick up a couple three pairs of Champion Coolmax socks at Target for about $5. I use them for workouts & Disney trips and they work great! :wave:

Upvote 0

december

I also bought the CoolMax socks at target for less than $5 a 3 pack. They didn't have any in the little girls section, but they did in the boys. I got my son and daughter 2 different styles so we can tell them apart. I've been walking in mine (getting ready for Disney!) for a couple of weeks now and they feel great.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I always buy gold toe white socks that have the cuff. These socks fit my feet very well and keep them dry. Because I have small feet, not all socks fit me, most of them, the bottom heel is up in the middle of my ankle which is totally uncomfortable and rubs the back of my foot. Just buy good cotton socks that you are comfortable wearing.

Upvote 0

KnK

I don't think I have ever brought a pair of socks to WDW.:lol:

My husband and I are sandal people. I end up taking 3 different pairs: birks (everyday wear), water (pool time) and dressy.

Upvote 0

3fordisney

We don't buy special socks. My husband does double up and wears 2 pairs of socks to minimize blisters. We also make sure we have well broken in shoes and take moleskin (the liquid bandage instead of bandaids) incase we have blisters popping up. I haven't had that problem. Also, my husband uses Gold Bond foot powder to keep the moisture down and it works.

I personally wouldn't buy socks that expensive. I'd save my money for spending at WDW. :)

Upvote 0
Since Wisconsin rarely EVER sees above 90 degrees:( , I wear flip flops 24/7. As long as there's no snow, there are sandals on my feet. And if you break them in before WDW, they are really comfy. (For me.) But I would never let the little ones wear sandals - too many blisters, and their feet hurt from slapping against the pavement all day.

Upvote 0

KrazyKemp

Frankly...I've never even given any special consideration to what kind of socks I wore to WDW...

Although I do buy new shoes a few months in advance, and wear them in properly before I attempt the 10 mile a day walk or more at WDW...

Special socks... ::shakes head::

Upvote 0

hansel1

I take two pairs of running shoes and regular ankle socks. I trade out shoes from one day to the other, that way they have time to dry out from the natural moisture.

MAKE SURE YOUR SHOES ARE WORN IN PROPERLY....yes, i was yelling that!

Upvote 0

MJmom05

Socks at WDW

As a Boy Scout mother, yes there will be a difference in using Coolmax (we use polypropelene) socks vs. cotton socks. We've taken Scouts on enough hikes to see which ones get blisters and which ones do not. Unless they have lots of foot powder, we don't even take our scouts on hikes with cotton socks. You can wash them at night and they would probably be dry two days later to save some money.
Now that said, we were in Disney last year in June. The running joke at that time among the CMs was that we had all been tricked into thinking Florida was the sunshine state! We had the expected afternoon thunderstorms but we also a few days where there were morning downpours too. Your feet will be absolutely soaked if you get caught in one of these downpours and I mean even if you take just two minutes to run into the nearest store. (The rain was so bad that one of the Epcot stores actually had about 1/4 in. of standing water on its carpet for the first 15 feet or so into the store.) And the water smells bad too! That night back at the hotel, almost every dryer was full of damp sneakers. My family switched to sandals whenever practical after that.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom