Soarin' & LMA on maps

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yesterday I went to the Disney Character Premiere, an outlet store about 45 minutes south from me in Sunrise, Florida. Anyways, I picked up a brouchure which now features Stitch on a couple pages. :rolleyes: :lol: To my surprise, the Soarin' building was on the Epcot map (and it wasn't on there when I was last at the park, about a week back) and the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show entrance sign on the Disney MGM Studios map (which also wasn't there when I was last at the park).

Here are the scans....

scan4.jpg
scan5.jpg

Slipknot

Was the Disney Character Premiere store at a mall? If so, which one?

And I agree with ImaginEAR, that looks nothing like the Soarin' building.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
Static-X said:
Was the Disney Character Premiere store at a mall? If so, which one?

Sawgrass Mills....

I'd also like to note that The Land pavilion is not featured in the attractions listing. As for it not being the Soarin' building....that building has never appeared on any other maps before, which is why I believe that it is the Soarin' building.

Slipknot

NemoRocks said:
Sawgrass Mills....

I should have known.

NemoRocks said:
I'd also like to note that The Land pavilion is not featured in the attractions listing. As for it not being the Soarin' building....that building has never appeared on any other maps before, which is why I believe that it is the Soarin' building.

I believe it is the Soarin' building, I'm just saying it doesn't look like it.

126disney

i pick up my maps at disney character wherehouse in dolhin Mall. That dosen't look like the S. bulding at all It dosen't have that curved style.

MicBat

126disney said:
i pick up my maps at disney character wherehouse in dolhin Mall. That dosen't look like the S. bulding at all It dosen't have that curved style.
Not many things are as they appear on the park maps. Look at all of those trees and all of the grass.

Goofster

it's pretty sweet to see the San Francisco facade on the map now, too. Can't wait to check out the completed streets of America for myself!

stitchcastle

Yeah I got mine at Sawgrass Mills last night, Shocked at all the Stitch promotion (which for me is a good thing cause I luuuurv me some Stitch), Surprised with the LMAX logo and the bigger land pavillion building

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It can`t be Soarin` - its not towering above Canada :lol: (PLEASE don`t start another it is/n`t an eyesore!)

NemoRocks - there is an actual place in Florida called Sunrise?? Sheesh... no wonder I love the state so much. One day Martin, one day....
Any one have a spare green card (or two) ? :cry:

tirian

Actually, the newest (February 3) maps, such as those in the new WDW promotional DVD, feature the following:

--A fairly detailed LMA drawing, including explosions

--The Soarin' building (notice that it's not drawn to scale :D )

--No wand on SSE. True, this has been missing for a while; but the wand is literally edited out of all advertising except 2 scenes on the new DVD. Cross your fingers and pray that this is a good sign...

tirian

:lol: :lol: :lol:

wonderful.

Hey...hold on! I just checked the new MK map again. There's no Country Bear Jamboree.

Number_6

tirian said:
Hey...hold on! I just checked the new MK map again. There's no Country Bear Jamboree.

Don't let Grizz hear that, or we might see another campaign being prepared, just in case. ;)

tirian

This isn't a park map; it's the new promo map. Now that I think about it, CBJ wasn't on last year's promo map, either. Also, Disney specifically advertises it as a preschool and family-friendly attraction (I hate those new age-appropriate "labels"!); CBJ probably isn't going anywhere.

General Grizz

tirian said:
This isn't a park map; it's the new promo map. Now that I think about it, CBJ wasn't on last year's promo map, either. Also, Disney specifically advertises it as a preschool and family-friendly attraction (I hate those new age-appropriate "labels"!); CBJ probably isn't going anywhere.
Yep.. they call CoP "kitschy" on those maps.

Not listing CBJ.. WHERE THE HAVE ROOM..

They're doing it to tick me off, I swear. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom