So you want to have a lightsaber duel in the parks ... soon!

tribbleorlfl

I hope they remember that adults would like to participate as well. Don't make this just for kids!
The inner 80's kid in me hopes so, as well, though if they do allow adults to participate, I hope Disney prevents them from crowding out and trampling the little ones from participating. Knowing SW fans as I do, adults will totally monopolize this if given the chance. That's my biggest concern about the reported interactive force elements.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Pretty sure giving people lightsabers that aren't just Hasbro plastic ones and fighting a laser shooting robot is a significant step up from giving children cardboard cutouts of Beauty and the Beast characters to tell a character her own story.

How much do you wanna bet that other park down I-4 a piece licenses this tech and builds an attraction based on it (Battle of Hogwarts anyone?) before Disney even thinks about using it in a park.

Minnie Mum

The inner 80's kid in me hopes so, as well, though if they do allow adults to participate, I hope Disney prevents them from crowding out and trampling the little ones from participating. Knowing SW fans as I do, adults will totally monopolize this if given the chance. That's my biggest concern about the reported interactive force elements.

The kids already have JTA. What's so wrong with having something fun for the BIG kids?

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm pretty sure by the time it gets created.....This is what will really be happening....
Lightsaber-Battle.gif

po1998

I am sure this has been mentioned many times since SWL has been announced, but I can see myself visiting and getting aggravated by thousands of kids swinging lightsabers around(not those mentioned above) as they walk around SWL as their parents have their heads up where the sun don't shine.

DisneyFans4Life

I am sure this has been mentioned many times since SWL has been announced, but I can see myself visiting and getting aggravated by thousands of kids swinging lightsabers around(not those mentioned above) as they walk around SWL as their parents have their heads up where the sun don't shine.
I don't think it would be any different than it is now with light sabers already being available and sold. It's also no different than the swords that are sold at POTC.

po1998

I don't think it would be any different than it is now with light sabers already being available and sold. It's also no different than the swords that are sold at POTC.
Think again. I'm sure when you have an entire land dedicated to Star Wars, it will be much different than a single attraction(Star Tours or PoTC).

21stamps

They aren't allowed. When you buy one the top is taped over and you are told that you can't open it in the park. I had to do a little consoling after that..

po1998

They aren't allowed. When you buy one the top is taped over and you are told that you can't open it in the park. I had to do a little consoling after that..
Thats strange since during a visit in January, I saw two kids at DHS having an out of control light saber fight while daddy stood there with his head in the clouds.

21stamps

Thats strange since during a visit in January, I saw two kids at DHS having an out of control light saber fight while daddy stood there with his head in the clouds.
Not really. It means you ran into a bad parent.: the kids could have been doing that with anything from a light saber to one of those light up spinning things that I always have to buy and have no idea what they're called..lol. I am surprised a cast member didn't say something though.

The tape is obviously removable though. I took it off so I could snap this pic..then it went right back on. Humans do have to follow directions given..
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom