So when people complain about the standard of food within the parks .........

Tony the Tigger

LOL. Well was the overpriced lobster roll good?

Decent. No complaints. We knew what we were getting ourselves into!

Honestly it was a less than 24 hour visit. We arrived a couple of hours before the concert, went to bed, got up to walk around the touristy area for a couple hours (bought a lobster tree ornament at the Christmas store LOL) stopped at the little hidden gay bar within walking distance, and Lyft to the airport back home.

I've been several times, usually with my own car, and always get lost because the streets are all over the place. (This was before GPS and I was trying to get directions from yahoo maps or something and write them down.) Usually focused on the record stores.

But I am going way OT now so...

Megamazing

In the Parks
Yes
Decent. No complaints. We knew what we were getting ourselves into!

Honestly it was a less than 24 hour visit. We arrived a couple of hours before the concert, went to bed, got up to walk around the touristy area for a couple hours (bought a lobster tree ornament at the Christmas store LOL) stopped at the little hidden gay bar within walking distance, and Lyft to the airport back home.

I've been several times, usually with my own car, and always get lost because the streets are all over the place. (This was before GPS and I was trying to get directions from yahoo maps or something and write them down.) Usually focused on the record stores.

But I am going way OT now so...
Driving in town SUCKS. I refuse to do it. But yes, back to Disney :joyfull:

bigrigross

I thought all of the signature restaurants were awesome on my last visit. Boathouse, Brown Derby, and Tiffins were all really good. And the price wasnt anything horrible. I had a dinner that I would expect at those prices with the service that comes with those types of places. The filet at Boathouse was equal or better than the filet at St Elmos in my city and Boathouse was cheaper as well.

The quick service, hit or miss for me. Some places taste like fried food that has been refried multiple times. Others like Columbia Harbour house and Flametree have been really good.

Last edited:

WildcatDen

So true! Ample Hills at Boardwalk was pretty good. Different than Graeter's but comparable in quality.
We had that when there in May. Really good, but still, not on the same level. That being said, we just had some Graeters at King's Island about a week ago as we were waiting for Peanuts Party in the Park. The Double Chocolate chip was amazing as always however, the Mint Chip tasted like maybe it has thawed and refroze. The kind of experience that would turn off a first time buyer. . .

correcaminos

We had that when there in May. Really good, but still, not on the same level. That being said, we just had some Graeters at King's Island about a week ago as we were waiting for Peanuts Party in the Park. The Double Chocolate chip was amazing as always however, the Mint Chip tasted like maybe it has thawed and refroze. The kind of experience that would turn off a first time buyer. . .
I live a block from a Graeter's so we go... ahem... sometimes ;) When we were at BC in June, we went to Ample Hills a few times (3 or so) to "sample" flavors. I said to my husband that the over all quality is pretty high for both. Some flavors of Graeter's I love far more and other Ample Hills flavors really are fantastic! They are hard to compare though because IMO they are different. Some of the flavors of Ample Hills ice cream itself (not the cookies/candies/etc inside) were below Grater's but others were closer.

One thing Ample Hills did significantly better was peanut butter flavoring. I love PB and Grater's is too sweet and not enough flavor to it. I could eat Ample Hills PB Wins the Cup every day all day ;) I do think Ample Hills relies on flavors within the ice cream more than the ice cream itself. So the ice cream itself of Grater's is superiors, but types of flavors added at Ample Hills was better. So in the end to us it's a draw and more about what you want out of your ice cream.

Boo on not so good quality at KI though. That's just bad when it happens. I will say I love Mint Chip at Graeter's but love the cookies & cream version more :D

HansGruber

Are people really complaining about the quality of the food?!
How about the PRICE?!

$11.99 for a tuna sanwhich?

Great sandwhich, but I need a shirt to walk around the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom