So, what is Eisner's proposed tunr around for DisCo?

Toonfinder

Original Poster
ok... folks remember htis is just in fun and I'm rehashing bits of info in the beginning that we all know already... I just got bored and thought it would be fun to take a few swipes while I still can :)

When it was announced yesterday that Paul Pressler was going to be leaving the Walt Disney Company for a position at The Gap… and with Eisner’s very recent board meeting stating that the turn around for the media giant would require several different things to take place… most importantly is of course turning around the theme parks which has lost some/much of its tourist revenue with the so-called weak economy and something about terrorist attacks last year… things are kind of at a much different pace than if Pressler wasn’t moving to another company. Who to fill in the place of the vacated position? Will they be able to make the appropriate changes to turn around the sluggish theme park attendance?

Here are a couple of thoughts bouncing around that head of Eisner’s right about now as he slips on the shoes of Paul Pressler in an attempt to boost performance from the supposed cash cows…

1) cut everything that is not necessary... who needs that extra CM to check seatbelts on this ride? Guests are smart enough to not get hurt right?
2) Along that same line regarding attractions… who needs to fix these things? If they break, just close it down. People won’t mind right? Why should they when we have these great shops in which they can purchase these finely made Disney products?
3) characters? what are those? We only know Pooh and Mickey... and maybe a few princesses. Need to be sure to attract those little girls and their parents money.
4) both MK and DL will get new lands... but nothing that one could consider really great... ODVland...

But with all of those possibilities that Eisner might try, here’s one that I might suggest trying out for the quickest turn around in any of the various theme parks (a great pick-me-up for DCA and WDS in Paris too)

4) And how to really turn around sagging theme park returns? Hanging an effigy of Eisner on Main Street (or anywhere else that is suited for this) for all to take a whack at... $5 a whack... it'll make a killing…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom