So different-help!

Sassagoula-Rvr

Original Poster
Alright...as a seasoned IT guy...I'm ashamed to say this...but this whole thing is a little overwhelming/different.

We have a group going down over the holidays...(3 different famlies/rooms)...

I didn't even realize we had to make Fastpass+ reservations...until I got an email yesterday notifying us we will be using Magic Bands while we are down there. I logged into MyDisneyExperience...and I can only make fastpass reservations for a few of the people in each room...any help?!

How would you all go about this? Will we even be able to get Fastpasses still??

It's just so different....which isn't a bad thing...I just feel like it surprised me.

stevehousse

The thing that threw me off was that my DW disappeared from gowing on my account. Since she has her own Disney account, once the band wa associated to her, it now won't show on my page even though he is still linked to our reservation. Now if I go on her account her magic band and all the correct info show up! It's weird...silly Disney IT...

Rob562

The thing that threw me off was that my DW disappeared from gowing on my account. Since she has her own Disney account, once the band wa associated to her, it now won't show on my page even though he is still linked to our reservation. Now if I go on her account her magic band and all the correct info show up! It's weird...silly Disney IT...

Once someone manages their own profile (as it sounds like the case in your post) they become the keeper of the account. It's like having separate checking accounts. You each run your own thing.

If you link to each other under Friends & Family and set the proper Privacy setting, you'll then be able to see each other and make FP+ reservations for each other, etc. (In the banking analogy, it'd be like adding the other as someone authorized to deposit and withdraw from the account without actually having full control over the account)

Going back to the OP's post...

For maximum flexibility under the new system, have the primary person for each family set up a profile on the My Disney Experience page. Then they should create a "managed by them" profile for each person in their family. They can then claim the room reservation for themselves, assign tickets to people, etc.

Afterward, each of the main people can add all the other people as "Friends". Like I mentioned above, if you have the proper Privacy setting, everyone can see each other in the system and would have access to make FP+ reservations for each other, if you so desire.

Note that to get access to FP+ you currently have to a) be staying onsite with the hotel reservation assigned to everyone's profiles, and b) have a ticket assigned to everyone's profile.

-Rob

Sassagoula-Rvr

Original Poster
As a seasoned IT guy? Don't feel bad about not getting all the "link" garbage - none of it makes sense to anyone who KNOWS that WDW already has this data, but is incapable of linking their divergent backend databases. So, they want YOU to do this - manually.

The key: think "WDW has multiple backend DBs with NO COMMON PRIMARY KEY". It all gets easier from there...

Exactly, this whole thing is "Mickey Mouse".

I like the idea of MyMagic+, but it seems to me this implementation pretty much sucks.

Not to mention when I get errors more often than not when trying to view notifications, "Something has gone wrong behind the scenes! Please try again in a few moments!" It's not that freaking hard to display notifications.

I'm pretty dang frustrated.

In my software dev experience...when something is this glitchy...you don't continue to press ahead with full roll out....(or at least if you want a reasonably usable product)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom