So crowded right now...

copcarguyp71

Was very quiet Sept 18-25 when we were there with waits averaging 20 minutes...are these kids speaking english or spanish? I know when we were there I noticed that while standing in most queues there were foreign languages in front of and behind us about 80% of the time.

Some school systems have either a one week or two week "fall break." Our local system in Tennessee is in the middle of a two-week break now. They have been starting as early as the first of August and getting out the end of May basically giving only a 2 month summer vacation but a little more time off during the year.

Clamman73

This past monday/tuesday was pretty crowded at MK. On tuesday I was like, this is supposed to be a 1.4 and "Most recommended" - no way...Last October 20th something while I was there it was way less crowded. I could hear a lot of families with accents though...

TP2000

What in the heck is going on? These crowds are nuts right now. Is this normal? I've never seen so many kids here in my life!

It's Columbus Day Weekend. This is always a very busy weekend for the parks. Always. It will continue through this next week with busier than normal attendance, as many schools are off for the full week and/or parents take their kids out for a few extra days to make it a longer vacation.

This happens every year around Columbus Day.

I should also mention that Norseman Leif Ericson was the first European explorer to discover North America, approximately 500 years before Christopher Columbus. But the Italian-Americans had a better PR campaign than the Scandinavian-Americans did, and in the 1880's Columbus Day became a holiday in the big East Coast cities with large Italian immigrant populations, and then a federal holiday in 1937. Also, it helped that October needed a holiday weekend. :cool:

Last edited:

LucyK

EPCOT should be specially crowded today so I'd avoid it like the plague. Actually today would be a good day for a day off or a visit to the water parks.

Come Tuesday the parks will have their usual October crowd.

sweetpee_1993

I was at UNI for 4 days last week and it was like heaven. Almost every attraction was walk on. What a refreshing way to tour a park :) The crowd levels at WDW have really started to get to me more over our last few trips.

This is me. If there was a way to be in the parks without them being insanely busy, know when/if those days are, I'd be far more likely to return. I get too frazzled when there's crowds. It's not fun for me. I *wish* I could enjoy myself but realize that simply won't happen. I have no idea how or if it'd ever be possible for the influx of people to subside. Even if Disney decided too many people isn't a good thing, not that they would ever do that, how would they handle this? What can they do without it turning into a PR nightmare? It is what it is.

And, ya know, I realize there's some people that the masses of people don't bother at all and they still can have a blast even if they have to wade thru a sea of people or stand 10 minutes longer in a line. I wish I could have that sort of patience!

On the cruise ships there's only a set number of people onboard. Even a sold out ship spreads people around enough that you rarely feel the masses around you. This is the biggest driving force in the shift in our vacation choices. Just sayin'....

Like back when we contemplated another baby, all it took was me remembering all the puking from DS#2. Thought gone. I read TRs. I think about going back to the parks. Then, I remember the masses of people and it's the same thing: thought gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom