So close to the 180 mark! need suggestions!

Figaro928

Original Poster
Trying to organize the trip for the 180 that is quickly approaching. We are me, my husband, 4 yo daughter and 2 y o son. The DDP is up for a debate still BUT if we do it (think we are 60/40 leaning towards it) we will have 6 TS. If we don't I'm thinking we will swing 4 - 5.

With the DDP we have
Tusker House for "brunch" thank you everyone for the suggestion of a 10:30 reservation
Akershus (D)
Whispering Caynon Cafe (D)
Coral Reef (D)

THose are our definite absolute must do's - (except coralreef - how fancy shmancy is it? could we get away with taking the kids there?)

Up for debate is:

1900 Park Fare for dinner. I think the step sisters would be fun - but how's the food?
T-Rex - will DD be a diaster area in March and not worth traveling to?
Crystal Palace for breakfast - last time we weren't blown away by the food but boy, did we love the early park entry
O'Hana - maybe for dinner? Is there any entertainment for the dinner crowd?
any other suggestions, reccomendations that you got!

Out is :
All restaurants in DHS. Skipping the park and not getting a park hopper this time
Chef Mickeys - believe it or not, we didn't care for the food, ambience or short character interactions.

bee

People take kids to Coral Reef all the time. It might seem "fancy" initially because of the dimmer lighting, but the whole aquarium thing makes it more kid-friendly/kid-accessible.

Tinkerfan4ever

My husband still tells me 5 years later that 1900 Park Fare supper was one of his top 5 meals we have had on all our trips. And I really liked it for the character interaction. I definitely think it is a must do with kids. However... when our DD was 2 when we were there, I think the attitude of the Step Sisters was over her head. I want to go back sometime as I think she would really get a kick out of it now, and I know the DH wouldn't complain at all!

Figaro928

Original Poster
My husband still tells me 5 years later that 1900 Park Fare supper was one of his top 5 meals we have had on all our trips. And I really liked it for the character interaction. I definitely think it is a must do with kids. However... when our DD was 2 when we were there, I think the attitude of the Step Sisters was over her head. I want to go back sometime as I think she would really get a kick out of it now, and I know the DH wouldn't complain at all!
Thanks - we've never been! I want to try all new places this time around.

Bparso87

Every restaurant at Disney is kid friendly except V&A. Corral reef is fun and the food is ok. Chef mickeys is a rip off for price and most buffets at Disney are except boma. I would suggest any restaurant at AKL great experience or kona for breakfast

HouCuseChickie

We're kind of the opposite on 1900pf dinner....the food wasn't bad as far as dinner buffets go, but we weren't blown away by the character interaction. Crystal Palace breakfast on the other hand is a must for us...breakfast lasagna!!! :hungry: We also enjoy 'Ohana dinner. There is a "cousin" there for the whole meal who coordinates all kinds of activities.

Figaro928

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your input. I think we are going to go with this:
Tusker House (B)
Akershus (D)
Whispering Caynon Cafe (D)
Coral Reef (D)
O'Hana (D)
1900 Park Fare (D)

Out of those - which you you visit first as the "ahhh we are officially of vacation" meal?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom