Snow White Rehab

MKCP 1985

That is news to me, bigcarolina77. Thanks for sharing that with us. Do you have a link to the announcement?

I'm planning a trip in early April, too, so any news on the shut down date would be appreciated. :)

bigcarolina77

Original Poster
Saw it on disneyworld.com
We are going in May and I was just checking to see if the park hours had been posted yet, and I saw that Snow White will be closed from mid-April until mid-May..

Spectroman2003

Originally posted by netenyahoo
Probably just a normal refurb. Maybe there are putting some "safety enhancements" in like they are with Dinosaur and others.

Safety for what Cardboard trees that might attack us!!! LOL :lol:

JK. I know what you mean. If an english and spanish speil weren't enough people still can't follow simple safety directions. Oh well, welcome to the melting pot!

Disney2002

Anyone ever remember Snow White going down for a rehab before? Since it could have been years (decade?) since it last did, the replacements that could be necessary might be extensive. Think of the wear and tear on those carts running 365 days a year.

All4Gemini

Originally posted by Spectroman2003
Safety for what Cardboard trees that might attack us!!! LOL :lol:

JK. I know what you mean. If an english and spanish speil weren't enough people still can't follow simple safety directions. Oh well, welcome to the melting pot!

HaHa! :lol: That's the one ride we always joke about when we go down- "The famous cardboard characters of Snow White's Scary Adventures!"

Atta83

Ya know if you ride that ride by yourself with no one in the car in front or behind you its kind of creepy..............

Lokheed

Oh crap.

You've probably seen my post about my son before. He is autistic, and he rides Snow White on average 10-20 per week. How on earth are we going to re-direct him for a month?

Oh, this is going to be unpleasant. ( I mean, it's good and all that they are doing a rehab, but still....)

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by Atta83
Ya know if you ride that ride by yourself with no one in the car in front or behind you its kind of creepy..............
Try walking the tracks at night (when you turn off the audio you can still hear some of the witches cackles) VERY CREEPY

All4Gemini

Originally posted by Lokheed
Oh crap.

You've probably seen my post about my son before. He is autistic, and he rides Snow White on average 10-20 per week. How on earth are we going to re-direct him for a month?

Oh, this is going to be unpleasant. ( I mean, it's good and all that they are doing a rehab, but still....)

Sorry to hear that, he can still ride some of those other Fantasyland rides though, can't he? Like Peter Pan, Pooh, Small World, etc.

Lokheed

He is a creature of habit and routine. He will go on those other rides, but only to mark time until he can go back on Snow White. It is entirely possible that we will have to just not take him to the park for that month. You wouldn't beleive the kind of meltdown he can have when there is a break in his routine. I am thinking SeaWorld is looking pretty attractive for that month.

Bill

Account Suspended
Just FYI, there are plans in the works to replace Snow White's Scary Adventures with something else... but I doubt this is the rehab. I keep hearing after Gemini...

All4Gemini

It is the oldest attraction (as far as quality goes) in Fantasyland, so I would think that if they were going to replace any of them it would be that one. What do you think they would replace it with? Something based off of one of the Pixar movies perhaps?

Brian_B

<B>Just FYI, there are plans in the works to replace Snow White's Scary Adventures with something else... but I doubt this is the rehab. I keep hearing after Gemini...</B>

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...the ever-turning wheel of time....curse you...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom