Snow White Meet & Greet at Epcot

raven

Original Poster
The new Snow White character meet and greet area was unveiled this morning at Epcot. While I was "wishing" for something really good it's merely a wishing well with a decorative door behind it as a backdrop. No clue as to if Snow White will be in that area today or not. If anyone can grab pictures of the area please post them. Thanks.:wave:

NewfieFan

Thanks for the update!

I wonder will this thread turn into a "characters don't belong in Epcot" dicussion...:lookaroun

raven

Original Poster
Thanks for the update!

I wonder will this thread turn into a "characters don't belong in Epcot" dicussion...:lookaroun

I really wish they would turn the restaurant in Norway back to it's original plan and make the Odyssey the character dining place. That way other guests can completely bypass the area without tripping over strollers and tiny princesses. :lol:

NewfieFan

I really wish they would turn the restaurant in Norway back to it's original plan and make the Odyssey the character dining place. That way other guests can completely bypass the area without tripping over strollers and tiny princesses. :lol:

Yeah, I agree that area is a little crazy... but I shouldn't say anything b/c I have an up and coming princess myself (my little girl just turned 3 and has announced that she's going to be Sleeping Beauty)!

Is the Norway restaurant popular enough to stand on its own without the character meal?

raven

Original Poster
Is the Norway restaurant popular enough to stand on its own without the character meal?

Yep and it was doing fine until Norway stopped funding their pavilion and Disney took it over.

Another reason why I don't like the character dining in that area: poor guest flow. In that narrow space outside the front doors to the restaurant you have people waiting to be seated, people trying to get to Maelstrom, people leaving the shop coming from Maelstrom and people going into the bakery. If they built a new entrance to the restaurant on the west side of the building it would help greatly.

EPCOTPluto

Thanks for the update! Anyone with pics?

As for the Norway discussion, I have never eaten there, but I agree with the poor guest flow. When asking about the menu pricing, I remembered how "nicely" one group was to shove their way between me for another pointless question. And I sure am tall enough not to be mistaken for a sprig!
The temerity of some people! :fork:

ThinkTink721

The new Snow White character meet and greet area was unveiled this morning at Epcot. While I was "wishing" for something really good it's merely a wishing well with a decorative door behind it as a backdrop. No clue as to if Snow White will be in that area today or not. If anyone can grab pictures of the area please post them. Thanks.:wave:

Is the area in Germany or another section of the park?

dreamfinder

That seems to happen with these topics. :lookaroun :lol: A door and a wishing well... doesn't seem too bad to me. :shrug: I think it'll be fine.

Hopefully its not like the character spots in DHS where the backdrop is just a backdrop. Would look a little out of place, all these well themed buildings, and then a plywood door and a wishing well. What, no actual cottage? Can't be that hard to wrap one of the F&W Fest booths in a cottage costume and call it a day.....

NewfieFan

Hopefully its not like the character spots in DHS where the backdrop is just a backdrop. Would look a little out of place, all these well themed buildings, and then a plywood door and a wishing well. What, no actual cottage? Can't be that hard to wrap one of the F&W Fest booths in a cottage costume and call it a day.....

Actually, the cottage idea sounds kind of cute!

RnRJoe6114

All this talk of how the stroller parking really doesn't help the Norway area just confirms my notion of Disney banning strollers...or inventing strollers that fold up into pocket size.
So many problems would be solved.

hwdelien

...or inventing strollers that fold up into pocket size.
So many problems would be solved.

Great idea, but strollers main function doesn't appear to be to carry children. The have evolved to pack-mule and even if it could fold up to pocket-size where would they keep their stuff?:brick:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Is the area in Germany or another section of the park?

I had this same question....
Snow and usually Dopey used to appear on the China side of Germany...is that where this new area is? Kinda got confused with the sudden shift to Norway discussion.

...then again at my age, fast movement often confuses me...:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom