Small World figure missing?

BrightImagine

Original Poster
This may be nitpicky, but that's what this forum is for, right? Please humor me. :)

We recently rode It's a Small World and I noticed one of my favorite figures was missing - the orange jaguar who is nodding and holding an umbrella. He's on the left side of the rainforest room. But on Wednesday... he just wasn't there. I thought perhaps my eyes were playing tricks on me or I was dozing (it's nice and cool in there you know...) but my family member happened to be taking a video, and the jaguar was not there.

Any information? And more importantly is he back yet?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
This may be nitpicky, but that's what this forum is for, right? Please humor me. :)

We recently rode It's a Small World and I noticed one of my favorite figures was missing - the orange jaguar who is nodding and holding an umbrella. He's on the left side of the rainforest room. But on Wednesday... he just wasn't there. I thought perhaps my eyes were playing tricks on me or I was dozing (it's nice and cool in there you know...) but my family member happened to be taking a video, and the jaguar was not there.

I do believe that they take away characters for repair occasionally. I have no knowledge about this instance, but I know last November we were in MK for something like 4 days, and every time different characters were missing. They were back the next day we were there.
I know that does not answer your specific question, but in my experience, they were back within a day or two.

Cmdr_Crimson

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah-my-universe-has-a-chocolate-river-20159876-464-348.jpg

Also he's a Leopard not a Jaguar..
2266402373_304f101919_z.jpg

And he's just probably being refurbished or something....

raymusiccity

I do believe that they take away characters for repair occasionally. I have no knowledge about this instance, but I know last November we were in MK for something like 4 days, and every time different characters were missing. They were back the next day we were there.
I know that does not answer your specific question, but in my experience, they were back within a day or two.

I know for sure that the unicycle riding clown has been missing from the high wire in the final scene for awhile.

You can see the wire, the door or hatch on the left and the mechanism that would raise and lower the wire. Gravity would more or less cause him to ride his cycle back and forth.

Last week the final Hawaiian figure was moving his arms up and down, but was lacking the drum that he used to play :)

AndyS2992

Dolls go missing all the time. The Welsh dolls who are usually positioned on the moon above the UK section have been gone for years.

wdwgreek

Cleopatra has been missing since my tip August 2nd through 8th! My sister has autism and we ride this ride 11 times each day, ( I am not kidding) normally during the fire works to closing when their is no line, and day to day you notice little things get touched up third shift. one day light bulbs were out and the next they were back, figures were missing one day and brought back the next. Little things.

Nuts

I heard from my sources that some of these characters were trying to form a union and that Disney was taking them out, one by one, to properly "educate" them on their place. Hopefully the bruises will heal quickly.

Also he's a Leopard not a Jaguar..
2266402373_304f101919_z.jpg

And he's just probably being refurbished or something....[/QUOTE]

And now to just take this to the ''nth'' degree - I believe BrightImagine is correct - it's a jaguar. According to the ''Disney Goes to the World's Fair'' episode on ''The Wonderful World of Color'' way back in the 60's the rainforest scene is seen in the South American section right after Brazil and there was no South Pacific section at all afterward - just the grand finale with all the kids of the world singing together. And for that matter the ''alligator/crocodile'' on the other side is actually a caiman...

Last edited:

AndyS2992

Weren't there in 2008 and weren't in 2011. Coincidence? possibly but I have watched videos in between these years which also shows them missing. So either they get removed frequently for refurbishment or they were just gone continuously.

Watching a video posted today shows they are now back but they had been gone for a long time. My mum is Welsh so she drew particular attention to them and was angry as they are always missing... and the fact they are placed on the moon lol Disney seems to think Welsh people are aliens.

image.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom