Slight let down

partyoffour

Hmm I never thought about it??? I really do not mind. I am not their for a ticket I go for the parks. They are usually just used as play things for my kids to play with when we get home. I have mine from last year and they are very durable. With 4 kids I think they have been put to the test.

EpcoTim

I wish they would just embed me with an RFID like my dog has so I can't lose the thing while drinking around the world.

LoriMistress

We got our park tickets in the mail today from Undercover Tourist. We are super pumped to be visiting the World on our 1st anniversary! We got 6 day hoppers. However, I must admit I am extremely disappointed in the look of the tickets. Having not been to the World since I was very young, I expected the tickets to be of a much higher quality given the money spent on them. Perhaps some neat graphics on a sturdy stock paper or plastic rather than a small flimsy piece of paper. Has anyone else felt this way after receiving tickets? Am I expecting too much?
I wouldn't freak out. DH and I used Undercover Tourist to purchase our tickets. If you put your tickets in a ticket/FP holder it should be okay.

DisneyLeo18

I still have all my tickets from many previous trips in the last few years and none have been damaged. Also they take up less space in my wallet.

Also how inefficient would it be for Disney to produce one form of ticket for APs and another form for day guests? My guess is its not worth it.

Sassagoula-Rvr

Your room key is meant as a nice souvenir and is made of plastic. You should be able to have your theme park admission transferred onto your room key, IF you get a decent front desk CM.

EXACTLY...first thing I do when I get there. except last time the Concierge person (b/c front desk said they couldn't) wouldn't do it so I had to go back later and that person was much more accomodating...did it right away like it was a normal thing. I don't understand that...

krankenstein

EXACTLY...first thing I do when I get there. except last time the Concierge person (b/c front desk said they couldn't) wouldn't do it so I had to go back later and that person was much more accomodating...did it right away like it was a normal thing. I don't understand that...

It works fine if you have a regular ticket. However, an AP can not be applied to a KTTW card for some reason. :shrug:

mickeyfan1973

try doing that with an annual pass,I think you are all missing my piont a annual pass looks just like any other ticket and is on the same card stock.Maybe just maybe a card you would have for over a year that will be used many times over the year should be made of better material?

back in the day, the AP was like a laminated ID card with your picture on it that you scanned with a bar code. I have all my old ones and it's neat to see how you've changed over the years. I'm a charter member so I've had one for a very long time, back when there were only $78 to renew. God I miss those days!:kiss:

PhotoDave219

When i worked for the mouse, I went to a meeting with people who answered this very question of why tickets are printed on Tyvek paper.

There's a lot of reasons why.

Phonedave

I LIKE the mylar/tyvek tickets better.

I go with my two kids. I keep all tickets in my wallet.

It's much easier to fit three thin paper tickets into a wallet than three thick credit card type tickets.

-dave

Tubes

I don't get the obsession with how the Disney tickets look or what they are printed on. Then again, I only remember 3 types of Disney tickets I've used.

-Plastic Card style ParkHopper back in 2003 (also managed to us them for DLR. Don't ask me how)
-Standard single day 1 park on paper
-Plastic Card Birthday 1 park

Though I do find it amusing that paying customers get paper and the free birthday ones are on plastic.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I don't get the obsession with how the Disney tickets look or what they are printed on. Then again, I only remember 3 types of Disney tickets I've used.

-Plastic Card style ParkHopper back in 2003 (also managed to us them for DLR. Don't ask me how)
-Standard single day 1 park on paper
-Plastic Card Birthday 1 park

Though I do find it amusing that paying customers get paper and the free birthday ones are on plastic.

A FREE ticket is much more of a souvenir than your average entry pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom