Sleigh Ride or Carriage Ride?

donaldfan

Original Poster
I need help trying to decide between doing the Sleigh Ride :xmas: at the Wilderness Lodge or a Carriage Ride at Ft Wilderness prior to a 9:30 Hoop-Dee-Doo in mid-December.

Can anyone provide some info on either of these to help us make our decision? I'm assuming they are both pretty similar.

Thanks in advance!

:wave:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I would vote for the sleigh ride. Even though it is obviously not...but by Florida standards and with a little imagination, it does get you into the spirit of the season. Carriage rides are fun, but you can have that any time.

LoriMistress

DH and I had a Sleigh Ride experience last year in early-mid December last year. It was truly wonderful. You have to book at exactly 30 days in advance. We had our Sleigh Ride at WL. It was truly beautiful at night. The horse and the gentleman was John. It was a beautiful and romantic evening. Plus, it was a tad chilly that night and it reminded us of being back home.

bayoumoon

Where do you find more information on the sleigh rides? I've heard of the carriage rides but think the sleigh ride sounds more fun.

donaldfan

Original Poster
DH and I had a Sleigh Ride experience last year in early-mid December last year. It was truly wonderful. You have to book at exactly 30 days in advance. We had our Sleigh Ride at WL. It was truly beautiful at night. The horse and the gentleman was John. It was a beautiful and romantic evening. Plus, it was a tad chilly that night and it reminded us of being back home.

Thanks for sharing!

Where do they take you/what are you looking at -- do they provide any snacks/drinks?

Has anyone done this during Wishes -- do they take you to an area to watch the fireworks?

donaldfan

Original Poster
OK, we're a group of four adults heading over to the 9:30 HDD -- here are two options . . .

1 - Watch 8:00 Wishes from the roof on the Contemporary, head over to Ft Wilderness for a 9:00 Carriage ride, HDD at 9:30.

2 - (Attempt to) watch Wishes from boat (MK to WL, we're staying at the GF), and have an 8:30 Sleigh Ride, and than take the boat from WL over to Ft W.

Looking for any opinions on what you think would be better? :wave:

P.S. -- I'm very familiar with the transportation situation.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
OK, we're a group of four adults heading over to the 9:30 HDD -- here are two options . . .

1 - Watch 8:00 Wishes from the roof on the Contemporary, head over to Ft Wilderness for a 9:00 Carriage ride, HDD at 9:30.

2 - (Attempt to) watch Wishes from boat (MK to WL, we're staying at the GF), and have an 8:30 Sleigh Ride, and than take the boat from WL over to Ft W.

Looking for any opinions on what you think would be better? :wave:

P.S. -- I'm very familiar with the transportation situation.

Pretty tight timeline. I may be wrong, but I don't believe you have access to the roof of the Contemporary unless you stay there or eat at Cali Grill.

I would give option 3 of watching from Poly beach then taking boat from there. I think 9:00 carriage ride and 9:30 seating is a bit close already.

As much as I love Wishes, I would say just plan on the sleigh ride and HDD
Also, depending on which night it is, you may have MVMCP changing the timing as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom