Six Flags Coming To Orlando?

What Disney theme park do you think needs the most work on right now?

• Magic Kingdom Park

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Epcot

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Disney-MGM Studios

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

MonorailGreen

Original Poster
It was brought to my attention not too long ago that Six Flags has plans to build a park in East Orange County, Florida. Does anyone know if this amusement park giant will have a home in the Central Florida area? This could bring many jobs and a lot more people to the area. Plans that I have heard show a new tourist district in the rural areas of Orange County, East of the Orlando International Airport near the community of Wedgefield. What do you all think about this, is it really going to happen?

The_CEO

How does the poll even relate to the thread topic?

Either way you slice it. It will all be duplicated..

rocketman23

Six Flags has been pegged to having/looking at land everywhere from Miami to Daytona to north of Tampa. The old Boardwalk & Baseball was the best Six Flags rumor, but that's been long dead. Don't believe anything until you see a press release, which probably won't ever happen. The best chance for an out of state park to build in Florida right now is Wild Adventures building on Cypress Gardens, but even that is a flimsy deal going on.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Originally posted by rocketman23
Six Flags has been pegged to having/looking at land everywhere from Miami to Daytona to north of Tampa. The old Boardwalk & Baseball was the best Six Flags rumor, but that's been long dead. Don't believe anything until you see a press release, which probably won't ever happen. The best chance for an out of state park to build in Florida right now is Wild Adventures building on Cypress Gardens, but even that is a flimsy deal going on.

Wild Adventures on Cypress Gardens territory? No way! Wild Adventures in Valdosta would be too close.

Anyways, Six Flags should try to stay away from central Florida and come for the other Florida cities, such as Miami and Jacksonville. Or bring it to West Palm so I can have some fun around this boring city!

rocketman23

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Wild Adventures on Cypress Gardens territory? No way! Wild Adventures in Valdosta would be too close.

Have you not been reading the news? I'm not basing this on my own thoughts, there's been multiple news articles on it. If the state doesn't get it, Kent Buescher is currently the highest bidder by far.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
if 6 flags were to survive in Orlando, they'd definitely need to step their level of guest service and cleanliness up a few notches, considering Orlandoans and regular Orlando visitors are probably among the most spoiled theme park/amusement park patrons on Earth.... I know I am.

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by mkt
Orlandoans and regular Orlando visitors are probably among the most spoiled theme park/amusement park patrons on Earth.... I know I am.

Same with me!

I don't see 6 flags surviving near disney or universal! They don't build resorts! Just plain amusement parks which is fine but people who come to Orlando expect more!

MKCustodial

Who's gonna go to cold hamburger when they have a fine piece of t-bone with fries on the side available?

Six Flags is gonna crash and burn so fast we won't even have time to say "Bye!" :lol:

Blake

Who knows....maybe Six Flags will try a resort...

Did Universal really have resorts before the expanded Universal Orlando? All they had were theme parks. (With very high quality rides although)

MonorailGreen

Original Poster
I think that the only way that Six Flags could survive is if they build an awesome destination. This would need to include a park and some resorts and some other forms of entertainment. I still wonder where it will be placed in Orlando though. :veryconfu I live in the area and know what kind of traffic headaches we have in the area. Lake county is really against growth and wants to preserve its land so I don't know if the county would approve a development such as this one. Orange county on the other hand, specifically East Orange county, is looking to grow and develop in moderation. Has anyone been near UCF lately?? What used to be the middle of nowhere is now a thriving area of Central Florida. Six Flags needs to be awesome though to survive in the Orlando market!! :slurp:

JonnyK

Ive been hearing Rumours that Six Flags over Florida may be in the Cape Coral, FL Area or so. I could be wrong, but ive been reading the information from the site called "themepark insider"

These information are very very very old like from 2002 to Feb 2003 - I dont know if the Rumours are still going on or so.

Here's where I found it

woofboy111

I'm not exactly sure about all of the details, but I have heard (and been to the location) that six flags once owned a water park that went out of business just north of Miami. I think it was actually in Diana Beach, but don't hold me too it. Now, it's a place called Boomers with stuff like an arcade, go cart tracks, mini golf, and stuff like that. Right next door is a big wooden roller coaster named the Hurricane that you could see from 95. In front of the really large go cart track, there is a submarine sitting there. Supposivly, this is from the Six Flags water park.

I can't see Six flags building a park in orlando because it's not likely they could compete with Disney and Universal unless they get something totally new and well themed. South Florida would be an ideal location, but if they already had a park there that failed, I can't see them building another one.

I think Wild Adventures buying Cypress Gardens and adding their talked about boardwalk complete with roller coasters is the best bet for the next theme park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom