Sit in rear cars on RnR

ncbyrne

Original Poster
For the best ride on RnR, do NOT sit in the front cars. This ride accelerates so fast that your eyes do not have time to adjust to the initial strobe lights. DH always gets a terrible headache if we sit in the front car, so we always opt to sit in the last car or two, even if we have to wait. You'll get a much better ride from the rear cars as your eyes have that extra split second (and I DO mean split second!) before entrance into the ride.

Shannon_Yensid

i dont know, i ride the front seat all the time and it's great! you're first so you can't see the car in front of you start to go upside down, you just go. in the back, you can watch the front of the car so you know what direction you're going and you can see whats coming. On a wooden coaster, or one that uses gravity to propel you off that first hill, then i would totally ride the back, but for this one, i really think the front is better. but for the front row, you have to wait sometimes for five and six sets of cars before it's your turn. if waiting for row one is too much of a wait, row two is the same as any other row

oh, and those arent strobe lights, those are camera flashes

thats all just my opinion anyways

~Shannon

EmeraldDolphin

I love all kinds of roller coasters... RNR included... for me, I enjoy both front & back... it's such a different experience & both are great! I've been tending to go for the back more often lately though, I have to admit... :)

Dizzknee

The first time I went on this ride I was laughing so hard I think I missed the entire ride. Sad thing is, I've only been on it once. I will be sure to ride it many times on my next trip :D

NowInc

Originally posted by Dizzknee
The first time I went on this ride I was laughing so hard I think I missed the entire ride. Sad thing is, I've only been on it once. I will be sure to ride it many times on my next trip :D

Just dont do it in a row...you'll regret it later :)

Maria

Originally posted by ncbyrne
For the best ride on RnR, do NOT sit in the front cars. This ride accelerates so fast that your eyes do not have time to adjust to the initial strobe lights. DH always gets a terrible headache if we sit in the front car, so we always opt to sit in the last car or two, even if we have to wait. You'll get a much better ride from the rear cars as your eyes have that extra split second (and I DO mean split second!) before entrance into the ride.

I also love the last cars! It adds more excitement to see the other cars turn upside down on top on yours while you wait for your turn to do it! :)

cherrynegra

I rode the front cars four times and the rear cars once. I prefer the back. Nothing like getting whipped around. And I may have been imaging things but I definitely felt more G forces in the rear.

BellhopMicah

For someone who had never ridden it before (in fact, has never been on a loop coaster before) which would you recommend? Front or back? Thanks! ^_^

awallaceunc said:
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I was reading through this forum and found this... why do you say that?

-Aaron
I wondered that myself. I remember one morning my wife and I got there right when the park opened for resort guests and went on it 6 times in a row before we started feeling light headed.

I've sat in the back before and did not have nearly as much fun as sitting in the front. You can see the rest of the cars in front of you and for some reason it seemed like it was going slower. No way, it's the front for me. I don't care if I have to wait an extra 15 minutes because the line is longer for the front. IMHO there's just no other way to ride RnR

snoopi_grl

ncbyrne said:
The last row is always the most thrilling too! :)

snoopi_grl

EmeraldDolphin said:
I love all kinds of roller coasters... RNR included... for me, I enjoy both front & back... it's such a different experience & both are great! I've been tending to go for the back more often lately though, I have to admit... :)
i agree.

GaryT977

You know, I sat in the last row for the first time a few weeks back, and I was actually able to see all the stuff in the attraction, as opposed to sitting up front where I never see anything. The ride seemed slower from the back tho.

Fordlover

physics would tell us that the ride would be pretty much the same from the front, middle or rear of the train. All the cars travel on the same track and at the same angle and distance from the track. Visually, there may be some differences, but the G's and speed would be the same on each car in the train.

I only rode it once and because the there was a younger girl that was aprehensive about sitting in the front, so we switched with her and her dad, and sat in the front. The biggest dissapointment to me was how quick the ride was over...it seemed like we'd just gotten on when we got off. RnR was not my favorite ride, altho I did enjoy it fairly well, and will ride it again next trip.

sy278

Fordlover said:
physics would tell us that the ride would be pretty much the same from the front, middle or rear of the train. All the cars travel on the same track and at the same angle and distance from the track. Visually, there may be some differences, but the G's and speed would be the same on each car in the train.

Correct, but with a difference!

For example:

If you are coming over a hill the last car will come off of the hill faster than the the cars in front of it did at the same point because the front cars of the train are now accelarating down hill due to gravity and pulling the cars behind them along making them go faster in turn, all the cars will only ever travel at the same speed, they just reach that speed at different points of the track.

ScrapIron

When the boy was about 3-4, we were riding a kid's coaster repeatedly in the front. After one ride ended, I told him how it feels faster on the back-like the end of a whip. He immediately Jumped up, ran to the back, and hasn't looked back (front?) yet. Of course, this is the kid that goes skiing without bothering with minor details like turning and slowing.

Cheers.

wvugeoggrad

I would have to also say that the back of really any coaster will give you more intense feelings. Like was said before when coming off a hill gravity will take over and the back car will be slightly faster. But the front of a coaster is always nice to bc of the view but not sure how well that factors in or RnRc since its pretty dark inside. But hey, its a great coaster from any seat! :)

wdwishes2005

NowInc said:
Just dont do it in a row...you'll regret it later :)

now that would depend on your nausea tolerance. i went on ToT 15 times and RnRC 7 times with a break for LmAx in the last 3/4 of the 6 hours i was there. There was nobody there. the longest i had to wait for ToT was like 15 min just after LMAX was over and RnRC was down due to "Technical difficulties". and i only felt the slightest bit queasy and i had a slight headache, nothing a can of coca cola wouldn't fix.

Fordlover

sy278 said:
Correct, but with a difference!

For example:

If you are coming over a hill the last car will come off of the hill faster than the the cars in front of it did at the same point because the front cars of the train are now accelarating down hill due to gravity and pulling the cars behind them along making them go faster in turn, all the cars will only ever travel at the same speed, they just reach that speed at different points of the track.

Very well explained, thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom