Silver Plan Tips?

Cruella

We purchased the "Silver Plan" for our trip to Disney in November. Along with the wishes, etc... I noticed something about preferred viewing for certain parades. One was the Mickey's Jammin Jungle one in AK. What and where and how do you go about this??? Also, any other tips concerning the plans would be great. (Besides that we could've gotton a custom package cheaper...haha...this just seemed so much easier to plan) Lastly, what are the crowds like in mid-November?

SewIn2Disney

First off...welcome to the boards!:wave:
You're gonna love it here!:wave:

The only question of yours I can answer is about November. It is the absolute best time to go (besides thanksgiving weekend) The parks are yours to enjoy (meaning they are practically empty) and if you go the week after thanksgiving they start putting up the Christmas decorations so you can enjoy the holiday spirit without the crowds.

Have a wonderful trip!

Upvote 0

Cruella

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks for the info and the greeting as well! Perhaps I won't have to even worry about the e-ride nights and stuff then, huh?
I have two younger (5 & 8) and worry about getting through everything we want to see. Good to know it won't be super crazy. :wave:

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

E-ride nights are awesome!

Although, I don't know if your children would be able to stay awake until midnight or 1am. But if they are up to it, it's an unbeliveable experience! Cast members just let you stay on rides over and over again so you don't have to get off and then walk all the way through the queue again (which can be time consuming, esp when there is no one in line...they seem so loooong!)

Also, on main street they have many characters out throughout the night, and with no lines you can spend as much time with them as you want! They can get very interactive with children when they aren't pressed for time.

And....best (in my opinion) you can get THE most perfect pictures of cinderella castle at night with no one standing in the way.

Its basically like the park is open just for you!
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by Cruella
... I noticed something about preferred viewing for certain parades.

We had that, along with vip viewing of MK fireworks/parades and Epcot fireworks. Not sure exactly what to do about them as well. I'm gonna ask the CM at the hotel when we check-in about them.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
In order to set up your special viewings, you have to call the WDW-tour #.

Pam

So this has to be set up before we go? Is there a start time for schedualing it? 30/60/90 days before?

Thanks Pam

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
10 Days prior for Fantasy in the Sky
45 days prior for Illuminations and Jammin Jungle.

I just did this for a client on the Gold pkg.

I almost forgot, you have to arrive 15 mins. prior to the show at the designated place that they give you.

For instance, Fantasy in the Sky people have to show up near the Plaza Rest. near main street.

Pam

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
10 Days prior for Fantasy in the Sky
45 days prior for Illuminations and Jammin Jungle.

I just did this for a client on the Gold pkg.

I almost forgot, you have to arrive 15 mins. prior to the show at the designated place that they give you.

For instance, Fantasy in the Sky people have to show up near the Plaza Rest. near main street.

Pam

Thank you Pam, you're the best! :sohappy:

I'll be calling AKL itiniary service now... :D

Upvote 0

Stefffe

:) :) Goooood morning everyone!!!

i was questioning about these plans as we were setting up our trip....and im just curious...are they REALLY worth it?

we have a food budget (sorta)....more of an allottment of how much $$ we will spend daily to feed the 3 of us....and the silver plan is just a few dollars above that number. but we did not want to be locked into 3 PS's on a daily basis...and were afraid that we might waste more than we used money wise...

can someone please "feed" me more info on what these plans are about?..and indeed if they are worth it...

thanks a bundle....

~stefffe~

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Well, the Silver plan you pay for wishes, and then you can "buy" dinners, tours, etc with those wishes. They run about $36 per wish, and you get 2 wishes per person per night. So for 7 nights, each person in your party will get 14 wishes. You can use them however after that.

The other packages include all the meals as part of the package, plus you get other free stuff.

If your looking at wishes, then it's just the $36 a meal/extra (averaged across all the wish use) that you need to attain to at least break even.

We do some of the tours, and they cost about $50-$70, and only cost 1 wish, so we gain on them. But unless you pick some of the expensive places to eat, $36 a plate (and alcohol is NOT included) can be tough in some places. And if you use them for kid, you'll almost never break even.

For us it usally breaks even or saves us maybe $50 or so. It's the convienence more than anything else that we like about it.

Do some searching here, there are a few thread discussing the good/bad about them and some numbers people, including myself, have worked out as of cost/benifit of the plan.

Upvote 0

Stefffe

that is what i was worried about....that we would never be able to use all the $$ we put into the plan....and since we have plans to eat outside the park on most evenings...it just did not seem feesible for our family to spend that much money and be locked into something we werent planning on doing anyway.

but i will research it...just for my own peace of mind...and i thank you and everyone for all the advice ive gotten since joining here !!

~stefffe~ :) :wave: :wave: :)

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
To give you an example, for an adult of a 7 night stay, Silver (with 14 total wishes) would cost you ~$476 ($68), a child $385 ($55).

So a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) would run you $1722. That's $246 a night on food/tours/etc. OR $61.50 a person. Will you spend $62 a day on food/tours/etc. From the sound of you previous posts, it doesn't sound like it.

The wishes really make almost no sense if you have kids. You just won't be ever spending that much (well most people at least) on kids to make up for the cost of the wish. It's just cheaper to use cash in these cases.

Anyone who is thinking of using the extra plans should "run the numbers" before comminting to them. They cost you a heck of a lot of money if you don't use them to the fullest capabilities.

This is what we are spening ours on:

• Coral Reef (2) - Save $1
  • Boma (1) - Lose $5
  • Mama Melrose (1) - Save $5
  • Gardens of the World (1) - Save $25
  • Flying Fish (2) - Save $20
  • UnDiscovered Futureworld (1) - Save $15
  • Liberty Tree Tavern (1) - Lose $7
  • Marrakech (1) - Save $2
  • Cirque Du Soleil (2) - Save $8
  • Yachtsman Steakhouse (2) Save $16

So I save $80 over what I would have paid cash all together. Not too bad, but you'll notice it was the tours that really did it for me. Without them it's only half that amount. And I looked over the menus just now and picked what I would most likely would buy to get my $. So this is a pretty good number.

Now my wife may not eat as much (or as expensive) so she could end up with less savings, or even in a loss, canceling out any saving I may have made.

So in all, this is why I say you break even on most occations. But it is very nice to use them. :D

Man...now I'm hungry... :slurp:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I have found that if you want to go with the Silve Plan and you have young children that don't eat very much, I usually tell my clients to pay out of pocket for the kids and use the wishes for something else. I did this myself with my youngest and we used her wishes for merchandise, etc.

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom