*Sigh* It's bittersweet

Britt

Original Poster
I love this place because the people are awesome and I'm a Disney freak, but it's so bitter sweet when you don't have a trip planned and don't know when you're going to go back.

Totally doesn't feel like you contribute much in the way of excitement....

*crosses fingers for a 2013 trip*

Pooh'sBuddy

I love this place because the people are awesome and I'm a Disney freak, but it's so bitter sweet when you don't have a trip planned and don't know when you're going to go back.

Mine are crossed for you, too. After our 2013 trip, I don't know when we'll be back. :(

Mkgoulden

Britt - look at it as a way of extending your own memories. Even if you are not actively planning a trip your thoughts, opinions, and experiences are important and valid to the rest of us here, and in return you get a little pixie magic in your day :p

Britt

Original Poster
I know exactly how you feel. I'm feeling the same way. Like I don't even know where my place is here anymore. No more countdown and how many days for you or nothing like that.
Right??? I feel kinda like some internet creeper reading all the trip reports going "EEEEEEEEEK" over the pics...HAHA

kimberlymautz

Don't worry, my trip was cancelled too. Luckily we were able to find a new week that would work, but I was about to cry when I found out the week we had planned wasn't going to work anymore.
Start a Disney piggy bank and save up for your next trip. It'll make you feel better. Mine has been filling for two years. :)

ExtinctJenn

Sometimes it scares me how people on this forum read my mind. I went to post a new thread on exactly this topic and found yours.

We are a family that was going at least once a year, if not more, since DH and I have been together. Before we met I went with my ex at least once a year and before that my family as a child more frequently than many kids got to. Right now marks the longest "dry spell" we've had in a very long time. We are officially at it being 13 months since we've been. I come here to keep up on what's going on and try to keep me in the Disney mindset but very often I find myself almost depressed. I read people's trip reports and try to imagine they are my own. LOL! :D

Right now we're crossing our fingers for a March 2013 trip but the honest truth is we'll have no idea if it can become a reality until we do our 2012 Taxes (and see what our return will be like). That's a scary place to be let me tell ya. LOL!

real mad hatter

I know what you mean.Mr Crush Dude and La Lue Sue,two of my Disney friends have suddenly disappeared off this site.Alien abduction man.Now I sit alone in my dream of going back in 2014,and god damn it,I will,even if I've got to sell my Gibson les Paul.Now that is serious stuff dudes.

Britt

Original Poster
I know what you mean.Mr Crush Dude and La Lue Sue,two of my Disney friends have suddenly disappeared off this site.Alien abduction man.Now I sit alone in my dream of going back in 2014,and god damn it,I will,even if I've got to sell my Gibson les Paul.Now that is serious stuff dudes.
I was thinking about you the other day...what are flights to FL like from there??? Are they really bad? I mean, flights can sometimes "make or break" the trip for us sometimes, I imagine they're worse coming in over the pond, right??

PhilharMagician

You...you think that I'm awesome? I'm going to tell everyone who calls me a dork that times have changed.

Don't worry, your still a dork. :D

I am in the situation you are. We are looking at 4 years before we head back at the earliest unless something changes. It is places like WDWMagic that you can go and feed off of the excitment of others and build the anticipation for you next trip. Don't worry, you will go again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom