Should we take mid day pool breaks in August?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Don't make up your mind now. See how you feel each day and what you want to do. Also, don't be afraid to have the group split up if some want to head back and swim, relax, drink adult beverages and others want to go full theme park commando.

dizneycraig

We used to be one of those families that stayed in the parks all day long. We only took breaks at meals. Then one trip in May, we were staying at Beach Club and my kids wanted to go swimming at the hotel. We went back at lunch and swam and relaxed pool side. When we transferred to Bay Lake Tower in the middle of the week, we kept the afternoon pool breaks. I can honestly say it was our best trip ever.I recommend taking the pool break.

John C. Shepherd

I think that is a great idea, breaks are important to young and old. We did it when we went in March one year and it was best thing we did, we would go back, swim, rest and eat. Then head to new park that night or finish that same one. We did this everyday and was a lot more of Disney.

dmatt87

Even if it's Disney World, even if you want to get your money's worth... Remember this, you will probably not see or do all that is possible to do. So instead of being hot and moody, take the pool break and enjoy this vacation - because yes it is a vacation and your are suppose to feel relaxed, even at Disney!

EvilQueen-T

13528677_1182656838446419_753899237179726195_n.jpg
Our pic from last August was our way of saying even at night it was too hot to hug lol. We only live about 2 hrs north of WDW and I grew up in Orlando and we take the mid day breaks. At that time of year it's unbearably humid and those extra 2-3 hours in the park seem to do more to just wear you out than to help you get more done. It's still a busy time of day so the lines are still really long so just standing around melting in a long line isn't always the best use of time. Taking a little time to cool off and reboot then just stay to the end of park hours when it's not as hot can really make a difference. It's also a great time for younger guests to get in that nap time, or family pool time, or even a little time to enjoy the lounges. We like to take that time to cool off and recharge then change into clean clothes hit an early dinner then head back to enjoying the parks.

Last edited:

MickeyMomV

Breaks are always a must for us. Like a lot of others we will be at the park at rope drop. We will take off about lunch time and skip the afternoon when parks seem to be at their peak capacity. Then we have dinner and close down a park or two or close a park and head to DS. Being on the go from 7or 8 am to midnight or 1 am for 6 to 7 days is insane without breaks.

The second reason we need breaks is to get away from other park guests. Just because you can handle the heat and stress the parks can cause does not mean that others can. People can get frustrated, angry, and down right mean out in the parks and we wont even start on some peoples inability to keep their kids under control. And lets be honest after being in the parks for 10-12 hours there is only so many times I can get ran into with strollers and scooters before even I may need a time out.

Mark P.

Yes. Unquestionably yes. Especially in August, but generally it's important to build some intentional downtime into the day (something that my wife and I realize we need to be better about when we're on property). We usually rope drop and end up leaving for a midday break by 1PM to get relief from the heat and escape the crowds. Uber's the way to go if you don't want to lose too much time in transit, especially if you're not staying immediately adjacent to the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom