Should WDW offer the RC site to Dolly Parton for a new Dixie Stampede?

WaltsApprentice

My brother saw the show in TN on a road trip. From what he explained, it's like a variety show of sorts, with Civil War-type costumes, and a North vs. South aspect to it (which actually made him feel a bit uncomfortable....I mean, who would want to relive the Civil War?).

Ya because nothing says family fun as.. the Civil War.

I liked the Auntie Dolly comment made me laugh:ROFLOL:

I personally would hate to see this come to WDW! I've been to the one in TN a couple of times and thought the show was lame and the food awful. I think something should take the place of RC but not this, nor anywhere on Disney property.

Fun2BFree

Well, why not? I'm sure that if Dolly Parton's show was allowed on property, it would be catered by Disney (i.e. Disney food) and any objectionable parts of the show would be changed.

Heck, now that I think about it, why don't Disney just open their own cowboy-themed horse-tricks dinner show? As I recall, they already have one at Disneyland Resort Paris' Downtown Disney, so it wouldn't be foreign territory to them. :shrug:

EpcotServo

we went to the one in orlando, it was great paying $85 for the wife and i to be hearded in like cattle and have mediocre food. please dont bring this to disney
:lol:

A long time ago I went to a dinner show on a field trip, and I remember the food being SO bad, and SO cold, that I vowed to never go to a dinner show again in my life.

Doin' good so far!
:D

millercv

I can see the changes now...

"Two brothers on their way,
one wore blue and one wore grey.
Hope everyone enjoyed your stay
now here comes the dessert tray"

We saw the one in Gatlinburg, TN and had a fun cheesy time "LET'S RALLY ROUND THE FLAG!"

PeoplemoverTTA

Why is the Orlando Dixie Stampede closing?

The outlet mall next door apparently paid them a ton of money for the property (I'm not sure if the mall has been confirmed as the buyer, but on the Sentinel's website, Dolly is quoted as stating that it was basically an outrageous offer for the property). Apparently, though, they gave employees no notice this was happening and people are quite upset.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
:lol:

A long time ago I went to a dinner show on a field trip, and I remember the food being SO bad, and SO cold, that I vowed to never go to a dinner show again in my life.

Doin' good so far!
:D
Some are good some are bad. Medieval Times- Food is fair, nothing to rave about but the show is great, Sleuth's same deal. Arabian Nights on the other hand...I went there for free on a company trip and felt like I was raped.

KeeKee

The best off-property dinner show doesn't come close to the worst that WDW has to offer. Maybe some folks enjoyed this place, but I don't think it added anything to the entertainment/dining landscape in the Orlando area.

And those commercials for the Christmas show start in OCTOBER! Ugh!!! I won't miss them.

jiminy.cricket

I can see the changes now...

"Two brothers on their way,
one wore blue and one wore grey.
Hope everyone enjoyed your stay
now here comes the dessert tray"

We saw the one in Gatlinburg, TN and had a fun cheesy time "LET'S RALLY ROUND THE FLAG!"
LOL!

Only if she promises not to kill us with those awful Christmas commercials year after year...

No more, Dolly, please!
LOL! I love her commercials. Haha. I went to the Dixie Stampede in Pigeon Forge a few times when I was younger and loved the show and the food. Maybe it's just because I was younger.

KeeKee

Those Christmas commercials are a special kind of torture from the pit of "you know where" - over and over and over and over again and again and again for 3 months!!! By the time Christmas finally gets here I'm ready to do an "Elvis" on the television.

Captain Hank

Some are good some are bad. Medieval Times- Food is fair, nothing to rave about but the show is great, Sleuth's same deal. Arabian Nights on the other hand...I went there for free on a company trip and felt like I was raped.
Agreed on Arabian Nights! I went there with some co-workers when they were offering a special of $10 for people in the hospitality industry (strictly speaking, we weren't...but they gave us the deal anyway). It was wretchedly awful. I seriously thought about asking for my $10 back. It's normally something like $50. I can't imagine paying that much.

wdwmomof3

I would go see it in Gatlinburg but not in Orlando because when we go there I am in a Disney zone, all Disney so we would never go. :shrug:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Access was one of the main reasons RC was killed in the first place.

For this type of entertainment the Western Way expansion area would be ideal.

Horizons1

The outlet mall next door apparently paid them a ton of money for the property (I'm not sure if the mall has been confirmed as the buyer, but on the Sentinel's website, Dolly is quoted as stating that it was basically an outrageous offer for the property). Apparently, though, they gave employees no notice this was happening and people are quite upset.

Huh, that's odd. Oh well, I never got the chance to visit Orlando's anyway. I've been to the one in Piegon Forge and maybe it's because it's the original, and maybe it's because I have a deep interest in the war, but I really enjoyed the whole thing. The food was great, the show was fun, and everything was wonderful all around. I lost my voice within the first 5 minutes of the show. Good times.

For this coming to WDW, RC's area seems like it would be too small. Not to mention, as Marni just stated, guest access would truly be a nightmare. This is way back in the hollows of FW. About the only advantage I could see is the horse barn being right there, that's about it. Now if it were brought to DD or maybe the Western Way expansion area, sure, why not? I think someone suggested a name change earlier in the thread. No. There's nothing wrong with the word dixie. It sucks that when people hear that, they automatically associate it with slavery. Of course, that might have been the very case with Dixie Landings, sadly.

I personally would hate to see this come to WDW! I've been to the one in TN a couple of times and thought the show was lame and the food awful. I think something should take the place of RC but not this, nor anywhere on Disney property.
I agree, they should do something with River Country but definitly not this. Please no.....

kimmychad

it kind of made me feel like a hog at a trough. they slung the food at you and ran away, not to be seen again till the next offering. this experience was the wifes idea and she apologized for the rest of the vacation

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom