Should Eisner leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaman

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
All I need to say is. . .read Roy's letter.

It's 100% true. If not more.

Eisner needs to go. I cannot urge it enough.

I'd bet if you could Grizz, you would push Eisner out of the Walt Disney Company with a water cannon, one of those they use on rioters....:animwink:

I wonder, is there anything us lowly park guest and fans do to bring about that outcome? :lookaroun

Blizz

Well each and every stock holder has a voice. (I learned that in "Mr. Deeds", lol) Buy one share and then voice ur opinion and direct it at the board to get him out.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Blizz
I agree, if he left now, he would look like a push over to his "Hollywood friends" and it might be tougher for him to get another job, although with his money, he could retire with a nice sum of cash.

Eisner will be getting a lot more heat in the comming weeks from those on the board, and others in and out of the company.

I know that he is also covering up this as much as he can within the company by doing things such as not posting Roys decision in the Cast Member portal or in the headlines on the portal.

When it comes to running a company, Eisner is already an older guy. Odds are that after Disney Mr. Eisner will go in to retirement. So right now, it will only be his pride keeping him from leaving the company.

lamarvenoy

the stock is too unstable for a CEO change right now. If it drops much more with a little aid from a few holders a takeover could be possible.VERY DANGEROUS.remember the early 80's...

Blizz

Originally posted by lamarvenoy
the stock is too unstable for a CEO change right now. If it drops much more with a little aid from a few holders a takeover could be possible.VERY DANGEROUS.remember the early 80's...

Well all i can say is i wish that the Disney family had gained control in the 80s.

And if Jim Hill is right, the board is not happy with Eisner, or it could be they love him, or it could be a puppet government, he could be controlling them.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
I just want to post my 2 cents on this issue....

(1) It is a shame Disney is leaving the company...

(2) It is a shame Disney has had to call for Eisner's outster...

(3) It is a shame that Eisner has let this situation build up to the point that his position in the company is being called into question...

(4) It is a shame that the "Brain Trust" (including Eisner, Disney, and Gold) are no longer on the same team...

(5) It is a shame that pesonality differences could have a direct effect on the company itself...

That said, I hope Eisner does not step down. I hope Eisner takes this as a wake-up call and gets back to the style of leadership we all once knew of him during the Frank Wells years.

Without Roy, who will lead the animation studio? Who will keep the company in check as Vice Chairman?

Eisner has given a boost in recent months to the film division, with hits as Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and Finding Nemo. Eisner has approved the largest construction of new attractions at the parks in recent years.

If Eisner leaves, who could replace him?
Wow, @Turtle , bumping a post of mine from ten years ago! That post shows how easy it is for people to find fault in things and ignore all the good - which is what happened with Eisner.

Turtle

Wow, @Turtle , bumping a post of mine from ten years ago! That post shows how easy it is for people to find fault in things and ignore all the good - which is what happened with Eisner.
1) I was just looking at the thread, and I must have liked your post by accident.
2) How does this mean I found fault in things and ignored good?
3) I have bumped threads plenty of time, but this was unintentional

PeterAlt

Original Poster
2) How does this mean I found fault in things and ignored good?
I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the hoards of people at that time who wanted Eisner's head. I held on to a minority opinion back then, as I often do nowadays as well.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Eisner's gone?? When did THIS happen?!?!?
Yeah, he did.

The good: Pixar, Marvel, LucasFilm, Shanghai, DCA 2.0, Avatar

The bad: The aggressive WDW build-out has all but ended and no new E-tickets under his successor's watch at WDW (so far)...

PhilharMagician

It was Eisner's time to go. If he stayed in power then Pixar would not have joined the party.

He did do a lot of great things during his tenure like the Disney Decade of expansion, a strong Disney animation studio comeback starting with Mermaid and of course keeping Comcast from their attempt at a hostile takeover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom