Trip Report Shortest Retirement in History?

Justin Bieber lasted 2 weeks.

Tom Brady lasted 40 days.

I, Tuvalu, outlasted them both. Not by much, mind you. Yet if not for the encouragement of some forum friends - along with some unusual circumstances - you wouldn’t be reading this.

Unusual circumstances, you say?

Around Thanksgiving my beloved Woody learned his presence was required at a work conference. In Orlando. At Universal.
Just down the road from Walt Disney World.

Woody said I could accompany him if he drove (rather than flew) to Florida. And that we could leave a couple days early and have some Disney time together.

Well you don’t have to ask me twice!

I’d be on my own during the conference. Since the majority of Universal’s attractions don’t appeal to me, it didn’t make sense for me to buy Uni tickets when I could visit WDW for free with my AP. Being solo, I thought it might be fun to do a live trip report so y’all could be my virtual companions!

Turns out I won’t be alone while Woody is occupied after all. Some friends that you have seen in my previous TRs (and one you haven’t) have offered to play with me. I can’t wait!

IMG_0404.jpeg

fractal

Time to stake our spot to watch Luminous.

As we waited, we notice something in the sky flying towards us. A bright golden yellow light. I thought at first it might be a drone. Woody thought helicopter.

View attachment 763056
(A five pontoon boat fireworks cruise)

Then the light in the sky made a turn and became a streak of gold and red.

View attachment 763055

We overheard someone say, “Space X launch.”

Sure enough, Woody googled it and learned we’d just seen the Space X Falcon 9 just after it had launched!

Ten minutes later Luminous began. I only took this one picture at the start because I wanted to be in the moment.

View attachment 763057

Verdict?

I LOVED IT!!!

Woody said it was the best nighttime show he’d ever seen at Epcot.

Simply breathtaking. Wonderful music that made me tear up at times.

This was the show that Harmonius should have been.

@fractal I cannot wait to see your pictures when you are able to see the show. They are sure to be stunning.
Looking forward to it!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tuesday, January 16

We had to pack up and do the Walk Of Shame before going to a park this morning.

But —

Fx Ill Be Back GIF by Snowfall

Day 3 and finally getting to visit my #1.

IMG_1938.jpeg

You know what I did first, don’t you?

Finished my quest.

IMG_1940.jpeg

Em now has the complete set. Boo-ya!

Cindy’s castle is under attack!

IMG_1941.jpeg

I believe an ice princess may have been there.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Priority number one taken care of, what was next?

Waiting in the longest attraction line (at the time) to see the Mansion’s newest resident. This was the half-way point.

IMG_1942.jpeg

No wild ride in the wilderness today. Refurb.

IMG_1943.jpeg

The line was so slow moving that I was able to read the quips on the crypts!

IMG_1944.jpeg

(Bottom right is my favorite.)

Did I nail the ride photo?

You betcha!

IMG_1978.jpeg

(Be proud of your mama, Em!)

I also did an ok job of capturing Hatty.

IMG_1977.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
✅ Mug
✅ Mansion
✅ Melody

This classic attraction will soon be changing its tune(s). It was imperative for me to say goodbye.

IMG_1949.jpeg

IMG_1950.jpeg

It was almost a full house. I’d read that the Bears have suddenly become very popular since the closure/refurbishment was announced.

While not everyone’s cup of tea, I will always have a fondness for this fun(ny) show.

IMG_1955.jpeg

I sang along (quietly) to every song. And when this guy came out….

IMG_1951.jpeg

….I thought of @Loco_driver and the night we got to experience CBJ together!

Songbird76

Justin Bieber lasted 2 weeks.

Tom Brady lasted 40 days.

I, Tuvalu, outlasted them both. Not by much, mind you. Yet if not for the encouragement of some forum friends - along with some unusual circumstances - you wouldn’t be reading this.

Unusual circumstances, you say?

Around Thanksgiving my beloved Woody learned his presence was required at a work conference. In Orlando. At Universal.
Just down the road from Walt Disney World.

Woody said I could accompany him if he drove (rather than flew) to Florida. And that we could leave a couple days early and have some Disney time together.

Well you don’t have to ask me twice!

I’d be on my own during the conference. Since the majority of Universal’s attractions don’t appeal to me, it didn’t make sense for me to buy Uni tickets when I could visit WDW for free with my AP. Being solo, I thought it might be fun to do a live trip report so y’all could be my virtual companions!

Turns out I won’t be alone while Woody is occupied after all. Some friends that you have seen in my previous TRs (and one you haven’t) have offered to play with me. I can’t wait!

View attachment 762241
You have NO IDEA how much I NEEDED this!! Thank you thank you thank you! I'm a little late, but in my defense, there's been so much going on here that I haven't really had time and I just happened to be passing through today. But a Tuvalu trip report is just the therapy I needed and I will MAKE time for it!

93boomer

Premium Member
Priority number one taken care of, what was next?

Waiting in the longest attraction line (at the time) to see the Mansion’s newest resident. This was the half-way point.

View attachment 763426

No wild ride in the wilderness today. Refurb.

View attachment 763427

The line was so slow moving that I was able to read the quips on the crypts!

View attachment 763428
(Bottom right is my favorite.)

Did I nail the ride photo?

You betcha!

View attachment 763430
(Be proud of your mama, Em!)

I also did an ok job of capturing Hatty.

View attachment 763429
Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor

lindawdw

I'm hoping to get to see CBJ one more time on 1/25! BTW, did you get to partake in anything at Crew Cup or the YC Lounge? The HM has always been popular but as of late, the lines have been so long!

BwlrBry212

I am probably the only one on the planet who has never ordered a single beverage from Starbucks.
I have never paid for a drink at Starbucks. One of my roommates in college worked there so he would give me free stuff. I don't drink coffee but their hot chocolate was awful. I did enjoy the free pastries he brought home at the end of a shift though.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
View attachment 763445
@Tuvalu coming out of retirement? Gooood!
YES!!! 🤣

You have NO IDEA how much I NEEDED this!! Thank you thank you thank you! I'm a little late, but in my defense, there's been so much going on here that I haven't really had time and I just happened to be passing through today. But a Tuvalu trip report is just the therapy I needed and I will MAKE time for it!
So glad you’re here now. :bookworm:

Singing through our masks! What a memory. I am sad I’m not able to get down there for one last jamboree. Here’s hoping the new show is just as fun
I’ve blocked the mask part from my memory. :angelic:

Dave B

What was the first order of business?

Securing this.

View attachment 763117

I am probably the only one on the planet who has never ordered a single beverage from Starbucks.

But I will wait in a long line to purchase this for my sweet daughter. :inlove:
We have something in common!!! I have never ordered anything from there either. It is so great reading your reports again, Thank YOU

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom