Shoes...

Berry91

So 76 days to go (and counting!) and the only real thing i am struggling with is shoes!

Not sure what type of shoes/trainers/flip flops are the best especially with going in September where it's still humid and prone to rain storms.... don't want to spend the day with wet shoes and socks... yuck!

I've seen some people mention a type of flip flop however i am yet to find them/something similar in the UK any good recommendations? going for two weeks....

PUSH

I just wear Nike shoes. Got some blisters, but I can live with those. If you're looking to avoid blisters at all costs, I'd suggest varying your shoes. Like wear tennis shoes one day, and flip flops another. However, I don't suggest memory foam flip flops in the rain. I did it just walking around the resort, and I hated it. Every step felt like you wear stepping in a puddle.

Upvote 0

Zman-ks

I usually wear my Nike's but my wife always wears TOMS
75.gif

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

I can't wear anything but sneakers in the parks, and take different pairs so I can give them a breather lol.

However, I have worn crocs (the Mary Jane kind) on occasion, including Islands of Adventure because of the water rides and they've served their purpose.

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

DW loves her Nike Flip Flops, they have some padding in the areas of the heel and ball of your foot, and she swears by them...says her feet always end up hurting after wearing tennis shoes, but never when she wears her flip flops.

Upvote 0

mainstreetusa1

Agree, I can't find any flipflops in the UK that would be comfy for a day walking round Disney - you won't look your best, but it has to be trainers to make it through the day with the minimum of pain :)

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

Crocs. I've said it many times over. Check out their website they now have so many CUTE styles along with the classic one most people think of. It's the only ones my family of four even bring with us to WDW.

Upvote 0

luv

I agree with varying your shoe. I liked a tennis shoe in the morning and crocs for the evenings. I always brought a second pair of tennis shoes in case the first was wet. In the summer, I think I brought two extra pairs after learning the hard way that they don't always dry in one day!

Whatever you pick, just make it comfy. Ugly shoes may not be fashionable, but neither is limping. :).

Upvote 0

Raven66

I did not realize they had branched out from the classic croc. Do you were socks with the classic crocs? I would get sunburned polka dot feet.

crocs_sunburn.jpg

This made me chuckle.

The friend of my daughter's we took with us wore a pair of Tevas the whole week. Said her feet felt great.

Upvote 0

PineapplePrincess

I swear by FitFlops. They come in lots of different styles, including some that don't go between your toes. I have them in several different styles and colors, and they are all I take with me (aside from pool flip flops). They are pretty pricey though.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom