Shoes / Flip Flops

Flight Safety

Original Poster
Most people think it smart to buy new shoes for thier WDW trip and it just makes me laugh because thats the worst thing for your feet. By the end of the day, you will be extremely sore and very unhappy with your new kicks. It never fails; 3 out of 5 people in WDW are wearing brand spankin new kicks. I really get going when I see someone wearing high heels in a park in the middle of the day. That has gotta be uncomfortable.

My reccomendation, wear whats comfortable for you. I wear my flip flops almost every time I go to a park. The only time I wear shoes is when I go out to dinner or PI.

agtlmm

The last time I went I purchased good quality walking shoes about two months before the trip. I would wear them around the house and to the gym on the treadmill. This would break them in, but still keep the clean for the trip.

I also pack a pair of sandals to wear to the pool and around the hotel. Just something quick and easy to slip on if I want to run down and grab a drink.

Woodenboy

I wore teva's, flip flops, the last time almost the entire time in the parks and I was fine. Looking for a new pair right now for my next trip.

The Mom

Premium Member
My feet would not tolerate wearing flip-flops or sandals all day, so I wear good walking shoes. I usually wear the same brand on a daily basis (I own several pairs to rotate) so have never had a breaking-in problem.

My daughter is able to wear all sorts of shoes which would kill my feet, so I'm sure she would be fine in flip flops.

tooltime

My feet would not tolerate wearing flip-flops or sandals all day, so I wear good walking shoes. I usually wear the same brand on a daily basis (I own several pairs to rotate) so have never had a breaking-in problem.

My daughter is able to wear all sorts of shoes which would kill my feet, so I'm sure she would be fine in flip flops.

i was going to make a thread about the best shoes to wear. can you share some brands that you have found to be good?

LuLaSue

I love my berkinstock sandals, they make for happy feet. :D They do need to be broken in fully before walking in the parks.

BriLee

When I first went to WDW I was 13, and I wore tennis shoes the whole time. Since then, I've gone almost every year (I'm 18 now) and I've always worn flip flops. They've always been comfortable for me during the day, but by the end of the week I feel it!
When I go this year, I plan on wearing Earth Shoes. They are the most comfortable tennis shoes I have ever worn and they are extremely good for your feet (something my mom always worried about when I wore my flip flops!). Plus, you burn more calories then you normally would when you wear those shoes. And after eating all the delicious food Disney serves (and I eat a lot of it!), that is much appreciated! haha

GoCamels

Keen's...sandals that act like hiking AND water shoes...so comfortable, thats all I wear to work in the warm weather months...I wore them out of the box with no problems on a three day camping and rafting trip.

disney4life2008

I am a male, I purchased a pair of Kenneth Cole slip ons and they are very comfortable. They are new and I will break them in the 2 weeks leading up to my trip!!!!

wdwCC

I have found Z-Coils shoes work best for me. I messed up my knees playing volleyball in high school, and they help when walking alot.

Monkeymama

I am an avid flip flop wearer in the summer. But I have not been to WDW in a few years and my feet are a bit older now so I purchased the Crocs flip flops. Heaven!

Tinkerbella16

I always buy new sneakers for my wdw trips...but I wear them wayyy before our trip so they are broken into and comfortable. I usually never wear flipflops...but one day I did this past trip in november and really regret it! It happened to be very hot the week we were there, and usually never is hot in november. I wore flipflops to Epcot one day, and my feet were burning, they hurt so bad! I will never do that again...gotta learn from your mistakes I guess! Sneakers it is, everytime from now on!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom