SHOCKING NEWS! Bob Iger: "The Avengers 2 in the works."

Mike730

Oh yeah that's shocking...... I have yet to see this movie but I've heard good things. Thanks for the news.

Captain Neo

Original Poster
I guess not.

He also says that WDI is developing Marvel attractions worldwide...except for Orlando.

Like I've been saying...

This bizare relationship Disney has with Universal over Marvel's theme park rights has to come to an end at some point. I mean as it stands right now Universal is basically advertising for and giving money to their theme park rival and Disney can't leverage there own assets at Walt Disney World. I can't see that either side is happy.

But oh well as long as Disneyland gets Marvel attractions I don't care.

Powerline

Marvel has to work on other Marvel movies before Avengers 2, like Iron Man 3 and Amazing Spiderman.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this sequel.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm assuming the "Shocking News" part of the thread title was literary irony.....

Cosmic Commando

This bizare relationship Disney has with Universal over Marvel's theme park rights has to come to an end at some point. I mean as it stands right now Universal is basically advertising for and giving money to their theme park rival and Disney can't leverage there own assets at Walt Disney World. I can't see that either side is happy.

But oh well as long as Disneyland gets Marvel attractions I don't care.
I see it the other way. Everything that Disney does to promote Marvel/Avengers is advertising for Marvel Superhero Island at IoA. So many people talk about a Disney/Uni deal for Orlando like it's inevitable. I bet Uni loves it like this.

Captain Neo

Original Poster
Marvel has to work on other Marvel movies before Avengers 2, like Iron Man 3 and Amazing Spiderman.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this sequel.

Marvel isn't involved with amazing spider man (which comes out next month anyway) and iron man 3 is already in development. Avengers came out not even a year after captain America and Thor so I'm not sure what your point is.

t3techcom18

Marvel isn't involved with amazing spider man (which comes out next month anyway) and iron man 3 is already in development. Avengers came out not even a year after captain America and Thor so I'm not sure what your point is.

Yep, just as I was about to say.

Iron Man 3 is due next May, Thor 2 is due next November and Captain America 2 is set for 2014, with an undisclosed Marvel Studios film coming that fall.

GrumpyFan

If you pay to RIDE the movie your money goes to Universal.

Right. But doesn't Universal have to pay licensing fees back to Disney/Marvel on an annual basis? If so, then, this is a win for both Universal and Disney. Universal gets free advertising and ticket sales for people to come to their park because of the movie, then Disney gets the license revenue from Universal.

Gracy_hm

never say never

I think Marvel Super Island May Change into a New Land one day. Not saying it will I am not connected or in the know. I am simply saying short term no change but never say never.

TestTrack Dummy

Well Black panther has been hinted at in Iron Man 2 but seeing that Edgar Wright is really into doing an Ant-man/Giant-man movie i guess that will come first. Whcih is fine with me cause i think having ultron be the villian in the 3rd avengers film will be epic! With the money avengers is making there has to be atleast 3

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom