Sheraton Vistana

RebeccaMA

Original Poster
We spent one night at the Sheraton Vistana in September. Very nice! We had a 2 bedroom villa. It was clean and had plenty of towels etc. I liked that the kitchen had a blender. I don't recall if it had a patio or balcony, but we did have a nice few of one of the ponds out the windows. We were only about a mile or so from Downtown Disney too, which was great. And we found milk and munchies at the convenience store within the complex.
Only two negative things- we had no luck trying to check-in early, and there looked like there was about 3 different places to check-in depending on whether you were an owner, a Starwood member, or just a regular person or whatever. Also when we came back from Downtown Disney I got lost trying to find our room. All the security gates look the same, and there are at least 3 different ones that you can go through I think. I found them all!
A nice night though, and for the $100 we paid definitely worth it. I might go back in the future.

I had an absolutly terrible experiance at Sheraton Vistana. We also had a two bedroom villa and while the actual facilities were very nice, spacious and great kitchen, the room was filthy. We had dirty sheets. And when I say dirty sheets, I mean dirty sheets, there were fluids and hair on them. I was also very dissapointed in the way it was handled once we complained. It took hours to get clean sheets and no apology and the only thing that was offered in terms of a refund was a $25 voucher to be used on meals or activities. If my sheets aren't clean what made them think I wanted to eat any of their food?
Of course it could have been an isolated incident but I expected much more from Sheraton.

njDizFan

I have been a Sheraton Vistana timeshare owner now for about 8 years. In general the place is very nice. Rooms, view, total accomidations are top-notch. Of course there are always things that can be improved, we always have at least 1 small issue. They are usually pretty quick in response. As far as the sheets being dirty that is completely unacceptable. We never had an experience like that. As an owner I would have complained so much they would have to give me some pretty good compensation. Anyway going back in December for 8 days can't wait. Although not quite like staying in disney this seems to be 2nd best and a little cheaper.

hwdelien

I am a timeshare owner and 2 years ago we exchanged our week and stayed at the Sheraton Vistana. Overall it was a good experience. My only complaints were that our 2 bedroom unit faced the highway and there was a lot of noise and second, since it was a multi-floor building parking was horrible. I remember coming back late one night from MK and couldn't find a place to park. Can you imagine? Three kids, one an infant, and we had to park down around the corner in front of another building.

Having said that, because we were exchanging, they gave us incentives to attend a sales pitch and it took a lot of effort for us not to buy.

susieqt83

For the person who's an owner at the Vistana...which phases are the "reccommended phases?" I've heard some are better than others. Any insight on this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom