Share your happiest moment at WDW!

JIMINYCR

Welcome from Japan!!! My moment had come after we had been to WDW many times but on this trip my DW’s birthday fell within the dates of our trip. I arranged for a special event to take place in EP at a private room above the AA pavilion. Her fav character is Jiminy Cricket so I was fortunate to arrange a visit from the character. We had cake, a variety of snacks and drinks and I had b- day gifts there for her as well. I had invited several other couple friends to join us. DW had no idea this was to take place. She almost fainted when we arrived to the room and after a few moments Jiminy strolled in to wish her a Happy Birthday. He was supposed to be with us for 30 min but stayed for an hour!!!

Weather_Lady

Back in the 1980's when they used to do this sort of thing: when I was around 6 or 8 years old, my family (Dad, Mom, little sister and me) were twice selected to ride in the very front of the monorail cockpit with the driver. It was amazing! There was a curved seat that ran around the front, and when you sat at the center, you had about a 270-degree view of the scenery, and it felt like you were flying. It was definitely an "I'm the king of the world!" kind of moment.

ETPCYehXsAcvHWc.jpg

Here's a photo showing what the driver area looks like now. I remember it as being much more large and open than that, and I don't remember the bulky white panel with vents that goes across the front above the bench seat in this photo, but perhaps that's just because I was so much smaller when I saw it...

Chef Mickey

Love to Japan first of all! One of my favorite places to visit every year.

Happiest moment was probably watching Fantasmic! the first time and wondering how Mickey disappeared.

I also had the pleasure of hearing Happy Birthday played and wished by the greatest Main Street pianist, Jim.

wdw2011por

First trip in 2011 was just magical and happy all around. Walked into Magic Kingdom on our first day and we were immediately stopped by a family who was leaving as they handed us fastpasses to Big Thunder Mountain. We saw the castle and then we were on our first ride within minutes of entering the park. From that first day, the entire trip and every subsequent trip has always brought our family extreme happiness.
But nothing can beat the "Make-A-Wish" trip my daughter received in January 2020 right before the Covid shut down. She was treated like royalty by every cast member and had the time of her life which she most certainly deserved. Her happiest moment would be leading the parade/dance party in Frontierland with Clarabelle.

JIMINYCR

Back in the 1980's when they used to do this sort of thing: when I was around 6 or 8 years old, my family (Dad, Mom, little sister and me) were twice selected to ride in the very front of the monorail cockpit with the driver. It was amazing! There was a curved seat that ran around the front, and when you sat at the center, you had about a 270-degree view of the scenery, and it felt like you were flying. It was definitely an "I'm the king of the world!" kind of moment.

ETPCYehXsAcvHWc.jpg

Here's a photo showing what the driver area looks like now. I remember it as being much more large and open than that, and I don't remember the bulky white panel with vents that goes across the front above the bench seat in this photo, but perhaps that's just because I was so much smaller when I saw it...
We got to ride up front too on several occasions. You had to be lucky to be at the station when no one else requested the front ride and the cab was empty when it came in. The EP run was the best because it was longer. Got to have some great conversations with the pilots and my DS got a monorail license once.

Madonzel

Original Poster
Welcome from Japan!!! My moment had come after we had been to WDW many times but on this trip my DW’s birthday fell within the dates of our trip. I arranged for a special event to take place in EP at a private room above the AA pavilion. Her fav character is Jiminy Cricket so I was fortunate to arrange a visit from the character. We had cake, a variety of snacks and drinks and I had b- day gifts there for her as well. I had invited several other couple friends to join us. DW had no idea this was to take place. She almost fainted when we arrived to the room and after a few moments Jiminy strolled in to wish her a Happy Birthday. He was supposed to be with us for 30 min but stayed for an hour!!!
Thank you for sharing your happiest memory! It made me so happy too! and happy birthdayyyy to her!

Madonzel

Original Poster
There are so many wonderful memories, but one that stands out is riding Dumbo in its old location in the center of Fantasyland, while the fireworks when off overhead. Pure magic!
Thank you for sharing your memory. This situation could be an official photo on the website to express the
magical moment!! Sounds great!!

WannaBWendy

Just the other day! My grandson and I riding the cars, went around the curve and the fireworks went off right in front of us. Magic.

Weather_Lady

We got to ride up front too on several occasions. You had to be lucky to be at the station when no one else requested the front ride and the cab was empty when it came in. The EP run was the best because it was longer. Got to have some great conversations with the pilots and my DS got a monorail license once.
I think perhaps our "luck" with having drivers offer us an unsolicited ride up front might have had something to do with the fact that my mother was an effortlessly drop-dead gorgeous woman who always tended to stand out in a crowd, but whatever the drivers' motivation, we were delighted to have that magical experience! :)

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No

ETPCYehXsAcvHWc.jpg

We too got to ride at the front of the monorail once and it was so magical. They gave us a card to say we had been on it afterwards. Also the seeing Spectro Magic for the first time was the best.

RoadiJeff

Although it wasn't that many years ago, I think one of my favorite experiences was when we did a 5 hour tour, which included going down into the Utilidors at the end. I knew they existed below the MK but I always wanted to walk around in them. It is amazing how quickly someone can go from one part of the MK to another down there that might take 20+ minutes above ground.

JIMINYCR

I think perhaps our "luck" with having drivers offer us an unsolicited ride up front might have had something to do with the fact that my mother was an effortlessly drop-dead gorgeous woman who always tended to stand out in a crowd, but whatever the drivers' motivation, we were delighted to have that magical experience! :)
The advantages of a pretty face and what it gets you hasn’t changed over the years. Hopefully you got some of those genes.😉

TalkToEthan

Hi I am Madonzel from Japan :)

Feel free to share your Happiest / Magical moment at WDW here.

Booking airfare to Narita(via Japan Airlines) to go to the far superior Disney in Tokyo while drinking a 20oz La Fin du Monde in Epcot Canada.

Easily the best WDW moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom