Shanghai Smog Hits Deadly Levels

TP2000

Original Poster
Smog levels hit an insanely high level this week in Shanghai, a level that is simply unheard of in American cities. Most Eastern Chinese cities are coated in smog continually, but the conditions got really bad this week as winter weather sets in. http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-12-06-06-55-20

Particulate matter in the air in Shanghai this week reached 602 micrograms per cubic meter, a rate ridiculously over the World Health Organization's standard for healthy air of 25 micrograms per cubic meter or less. As a matter of comparison, today in metro Los Angeles (the "smoggy" standard by which most Americans judge clean air) the particulate levels per cubic meter are as follows;

Downtown Los Angeles - 19
San Gabriel Valley - 23
San Fernando Valley - 24
Anaheim - 16
Shanghai - 602

And again, that's not just 62 in Shanghai compared to Anaheim's 16. That's 602 in Shanghai. Six Hundred And Two.

I know, let's build a Disneyland in Shanghai! It'll be fun! Don't forget your gas mask.

Cesar R M

they could have just build pretty far from shangai, just like orlando vs lake buena vista is.. and build another "speed train" they are so proud of :p

also wow.. and when I was complaining the 250 levels of Mexico city last time I was there.

jdmdisney99

Oh my...
shanghai_smog_net.jpg

:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom