Shanghai Exclusivity?

KrazyKat

Original Poster
Love that new video posted this week of the new POTC attraction in Shanghai. Just wondering if anyone knows if all these new attractions coming there are exclusive to Shanghai and if so for how long? Wasn't Mystic Manor exclusive to HKDL for 5 years after it opened also. Sorry if this was asked before, I searched and didn't find anything.

No Name

Mystic Manor should be forever exclusive to Hong Kong Disneyland. It is a unique ride and a major draw to the park. Similarly, this version of Pirates should be forever exclusive to SDL because it should be a major draw to that park. That is the route they'd go if they were smart.

As for actual dates for everything, I am no help. Soarin' is one day, some may be 5 years, some may be forever.

Rich T

Mystic Manor should be forever exclusive to Hong Kong Disneyland. It is a unique ride and a major draw to the park. Similarly, this version of Pirates should be forever exclusive to SDL because it should be a major draw to that park. That is the route they'd go if they were smart.
Since most U.S. park goers will never see the Hong Kong or Shanghai parks, I'm all in favor of seeing Mystic Manor over here-- although altered to change out the gags that are too similar to Haunted Mansion. Or, if not the actual storyline, then adapting the tech to Beauty and the Beast, Zootopia or another theme.

Pirates is another story. I totally understand why they went all-Depp with that version, but I think our stateside PoC's should remain (more or less) intact; especially the DL original. BUT, I hope we see that kind of tech in the upcoming Star Wars rides.

Bacon

As for actual dates for everything, I am no help. Soarin' is one day, some may be 5 years, some may be forever.
The draw to shanghai is Tron

RMichael21

The draw to shanghai is Tron
Well, a park can have multiple draws, to be honest. I'd say Shanghai's are both Tron and Pirates, as they cater to different audiences. Tron for thrill sellers and Pirates lends itself to families more (even though it does look slightly thrilling).

EmmaGreenMachine

They definatley shouldn't put Mystic manor anywhere else. It is a AWESOME ride. If Americans and others want to see it, they can make their way to HK Disney. Putting it anywhere else is a huge downfall for HK Disney. They should keep rides in Hk Disney and Shanghai Disney mostly different as it is now, they will make more money that way as ppl will visit both parks.

ght

Pirates is another story. I totally understand why they went all-Depp with that version, but I think our stateside PoC's should remain (more or less) intact; especially the DL original. BUT, I hope we see that kind of tech in the upcoming Star Wars rides.

This is my feelings exactly. While the Shanghai version looks awesome and is perfect for an audience who is more familiar with the movies than the classic rides, I wouldn't want our classic versions changing to what to me seems more like an "Awesome Jack Sparrow ride" than POTC. Like you, I do hope, when they build new big-ticket attractions like those in Star Wars that they take advantage of state of the art tech (like we are seeing in these rides or whatever that will give the best experience). If these videos are an indication of what Imagineers can come up with these days, I hope they let them go all out on what we are getting in the U.S.

KrazyKat

Original Poster
Now here's another question. What if WDW ever decided to add a "Pirates" land in DHS? With them going in a "putting you in a movie" theme rather then "making of movies" theme. POTC is a huge franchise for Disney and another ip they own. Keep the original at MK and add this to DHS.

Just wishful thinking I know...

Sped2424

Bump that kill off our pirates area and use the expansion pad to put treasure cove here at the MK. Our pirates is already the weakest out of all 4 parks and never was made to be the true sister of the Disneyland version. Let them keep the classic let MK get a new Eticket.

Bacon

Well, a park can have multiple draws, to be honest. I'd say Shanghai's are both Tron and Pirates, as they cater to different audiences. Tron for thrill sellers and Pirates lends itself to families more (even though it does look slightly thrilling).
I didn't see any drops

Fox&Hound

I understand if Shanghai keeps headliner attractions like Tron and pirates but there is no reason why we should not get their updated Peter Pan and rides we already have.

ProfSavage

They definatley shouldn't put Mystic manor anywhere else. It is a AWESOME ride. If Americans and others want to see it, they can make their way to HK Disney. Putting it anywhere else is a huge downfall for HK Disney. They should keep rides in Hk Disney and Shanghai Disney mostly different as it is now, they will make more money that way as ppl will visit both parks.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom