SHADES OF GREEN - HERE COME 3 SISTERS + 1 FRIEND

Chipster

Original Poster
Decided to book a last minute trip in December - staying at SOG compliments of my oldest sister. When we heard Trace Adkins was at Canclelight Procdessional it didn't take much arm twisting by my sister. Husbands are happy to stay at home so SOG here we come. Love that hotel for the price, the largest rooms on property, quietness after a long day in the parks, best breakfast buffet for the price and the Evergreens sports bar for a night cap. My friend has never seen the Christmas decorations so we invited her to join us - also doing MVMCP. Can't wait. We will be in WDW December 13-20.

We spent last Christmas at SoG and loved it for all of the reasons you shared. I was a little leery at first that we'd be missing out on the full Disney experience by not staying at a Disney run resort, but the calm and quiet at SoG after long days in the park was just what we needed. And, their holiday decorations were lovely. Have a great trip!

Debbie

We spent last Christmas at SoG and loved it for all of the reasons you shared. I was a little leery at first that we'd be missing out on the full Disney experience by not staying at a Disney run resort, but the calm and quiet at SoG after long days in the park was just what we needed. And, their holiday decorations were lovely. Have a great trip!

I stayed there when it was the Disney Inn. The rooms are a nice size and the calm and quiet are welcome :) Have a great trip! For myself, there is no greater pleasure than showing someone WDW at Christmas time :)

The Mom

Premium Member
I stayed there when it was the Disney Inn. The rooms are a nice size and the calm and quiet are welcome :) Have a great trip! For myself, there is no greater pleasure than showing someone WDW at Christmas time :)

I also stayed there a few times when it was the Disney Inn - it was our favorite. Large rooms (there was a semi-wall separation between the Queen or King bed, and the pull-out couch, plus a huge area to set up a port-a-crib.It had a nice little restaurant, walking distance to the monorail, and a fun pool - not as elaborate as the other resorts, but with some water features, and not as crowded.. I also like the calm - it was Disney, but not DISNEY!

aladdin2007

I also stayed there a few times when it was the Disney Inn - it was our favorite. Large rooms (there was a semi-wall separation between the Queen or King bed, and the pull-out couch, plus a huge area to set up a port-a-crib.It had a nice little restaurant, walking distance to the monorail, and a fun pool - not as elaborate as the other resorts, but with some water features, and not as crowded.. I also like the calm - it was Disney, but not DISNEY!

agree, really nice large rooms loved it here. It was charming and cozy. We could hear the mk railroad from our balcony. and loved the Snow White and Seven Dwarfs topiaries around and about. I would be interested to know if it has any Disney touches today? or what the rooms may be like now? does it even have the restaurant any more?
disney_inn.jpg

Chipster

Original Poster
They have the best breakfast buffet for $11 - eggs, omelets, pancakes and waffles to order. Bacon, ham, corned beef has, all kinds of fruits and vegetables, hot and cole cereals - you name it they have it. They also have a buffet at night which I have never gone to. We ate at Manginos their Italian restaurant and it was very good. There is also a sports bar - good wings - 12 for $8.95. Just nice to go there at the end of a day, relax have a sandwich or appetizer and a cold one before turning it. Rooms are large and in great condition. Love it there. As to one of the posters there is one month out of the year where you do not have to be retired military/civil service. Keep checking the SOG website for that offer if interested.

Chipster

Original Poster
They have the best breakfast buffet for $11 - eggs, omelets, pancakes and waffles to order. Bacon, ham, corned beef has, all kinds of fruits and vegetables, hot and cold cereals - you name it they have it. They also have a buffet at night which I have never gone to. We ate at Manginos their Italian restaurant and it was very good. There is also a sports bar - good wings - 12 for $8.95. Just nice to go there at the end of a day, relax have a sandwich or appetizer and a cold one before turning it. Rooms are large and in great condition. Love it there. As to one of the posters there is one month out of the year where you do not have to be retired military/civil service. Keep checking the SOG website for that offer if interested Oh one year we were visiting in December and they always have activities for the kids in the afternoon. They had a make your own gingerbread house, complete with chefs hats and all kinds of candies to decorate. The kids loved it..

aladdin2007

They have the best breakfast buffet for $11 - eggs, omelets, pancakes and waffles to order. Bacon, ham, corned beef has, all kinds of fruits and vegetables, hot and cole cereals - you name it they have it. They also have a buffet at night which I have never gone to. We ate at Manginos their Italian restaurant and it was very good. There is also a sports bar - good wings - 12 for $8.95. Just nice to go there at the end of a day, relax have a sandwich or appetizer and a cold one before turning it. Rooms are large and in great condition. Love it there. As to one of the posters there is one month out of the year where you do not have to be retired military/civil service. Keep checking the SOG website for that offer if interested.

I was wondering about this as well because I looked on their website and it says strictly for military, but would love to have a chance to stay here again.

John park hopper

I looked at their web page and it appears the months of Sep and Jan if you are a vet (served in any branch of service but did not retire) you are eligible to stay at SOG, the room rate looked to be $155 a night (regardless of service rank at time of discharge). You must have a copy of DD 214 (honorable discharged) at time of check in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom