Pre-Trip September... hopefully when the love of my life will turn into my Disney loving prince charming

Good evening people, I´m usually not very active here, but trust me, I´m here, lurking in the dark (in a good way), living vicariously through your trips and pictures, and I am so grateful for that. I´ve been reading TR nonstop for a few days now (I´m recovering from a surgery so I´m off work for a couple of weeks), so I figured, what the heck, I might as well start my own PTR to help me live through my lonely trip planning!

A bit about myself, I´m Sara, I´ve been going to WDW all my life and obviously it´s a huge part of my life. I live in Colombia (the country in South America), and that exactly makes it a bit of a challenge to be able to afford a trip to WDW (just to give you an idea, minimum wage here is around US$246 a month, I don´t make that, but if you do the numbers, it takes a while to come up with the money for a Disney vacation). I work as a makeup artist and as a translator. Well, I´m a very lucky girl, because a couple of months ago, a translation fell on my lap that allowed me, not only to afford a trip, but to bring the love of my life with me.

Here´s a pic of me on my last trip with my little sis (I´m the one in Dumbo ears)
IMG_1236.JPG

About my Boyfriend (DB): He is a kid at heart (most importantly), a philosophy teacher just about to graduate from college, he works as a musician, a very gifted drummer who plays with several local bands, and who just got his US Visa last year, so this will be his very first trip to the US, and obviously to WDW. We have been together for 2 years now, and we have plans to get married, but I´m still waiting for my proposal (fingers crossed to a Disney proposal?? hmmm, very unlikely but a girls can always dream...)

Here we are together on New Years Eve (he always makes funny faces on pics, so I did the same this time)
IMG_20170101_002556.jpg

I decided to splurge the money and pay for us both because he has gone through a rough patch for about 9 months now and I think he needs some magic in his life, and I can´t just tell him "sweetie, I want to go to WDW, so I need you to save for the next 2 years so you can come with me!" That would´t be magical at all! You can´t love something you don´t know, so since it´s me with the Disney obsession, the first taste is on me, and hopefully he will fall in love as I did and turn into a full Disney prince charming and we´ll be able to share many more WDW trips together (where we share expenses) for the rest of our lives... Or maybe he won´t become obsessed but like it enough to want to be back, and that´s just fine with me! please pray to God and my fairy godmother for lots of pixie dust on our trip, so I can accomplish my goal!!

Attachments

• IMG_1236.JPG
    IMG_1236.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 54

blreinsel

Thanks for reading! I´ve never been to Liberty Inn, but the menu looked pretty good. In the end, although DB didn´t want any spoilers, I had to consult with him about restaurant menus (he´s a picky eater). I read him the menus and he thought it looked decent, so we´re having dinner there before Illuminations.

I don´t see how a person would not love WDW, but I´ve seen it happen so I´m keeping my fingers crossed.

Actually your TR made me wish for a Disney proposal (it hadn´t crossed my mind before to be honest), and this weekend we were at a friend´s wedding and look what happened!

View attachment 216150

The picture is staged obviously, you might think when you see it that I´ve always dreamed about my own wedding, but I never even considered the possibility of getting married. He mentioned it was really important to him to get married in church (he was going to become a priest, and quit just before he met me) and I said I would do it if it meant so much to him, so... if he wants to follow tradition, he needs to act on it (put a ring on it to be precise) :D
I have mentioned disney proposals to him (very randomly as in "that´s cute and romantic but who cares"). I watched the movie Inception.... who knows?...it might work....:p

I think it's meant to be! :p:inlove:

Sarabell

Original Poster
UPDATE:

Hello everyone! Tickets have been purchased today!! :cat:

I am sooo excited because everything is just planning and wishful thinking until you purchase tickets. Now my trip is real, and it´s only 46 days away!!

I just wanted to share my happiness and excitement with you. Have a great evening!!

Sarabell

Original Poster
OK I´ve been away cause life (and work) have gotten on the way of my PTR, but I was very diligent and made reservations for FP+ at 4 pm the day I hit my 30 day window (just to clarify, I didn´t set my alarm at that time, I had set it at 7 am, but DB got home a bit before 4 am and I woke up, so we talked about his night out with friends and then I decided to check if I could get things done and I did it)

Needless to say, I couldn´t find a FP for FOP, off course, I wasn´t expecting to, but I did have some hope for at least a Naavi River Journey one, which wasn´t available either. I suppose I have a less than stellar FP selection, but I´ll say in my defense that 1. It´s my first time ever doing the FP+ thing, so I don´t exactly have a startegy on the best way to do it, and 2. Since I didn´t have a 60 day window but a 30 day, I pretty much had to work with what was left. And then... I went onto My Disney Experience yesterday, and all my reservations were gone. I called Disney to ask about my reservations, and turns out that apparently the system gave me FP+ for August instead of September (I did choose carefully on the calendar for my selection) but the agent I talked to was awesome and just redid all my reservations as close as I had made them originally. Disney customer service really is magical.

So here´s my FP+ selection:
AK: September 19
KS at 1:15 pm
EE at 4:40 pm
Kali River at 7:10

I wanted a morning or a night safari but they were all taken, so I´ll do with an afternoon one. On my last trip I didn´t do the safari, so I´m sure I will like it anyway.
Also, I´m not too sure about the rapids at night cause I don´t want to go home with wet clothes, so we´ll just go around the park and if we see the wait time is short, we´ll just do it and change the FP for something else.
Since we don´t have a FP for any of the Pandora attractions, we´re going to try and rope drop FoP and maybe use the app to keep an eye on the other one during the day to see if we find a waiting time that we deem decent. (fingers crossed)

Epcot day 1: September 20
Living with the Land at 11 am
M:S at 12:15
Soarin at 2:35

I know, why make FP that have me going across the park and then back again? well, I´ve never ha to wait in line for Living with the land, so I can just skip that and go later before or after my Soarin FP.

MK: September 21
PotC at 9:20
HM at 12:10
BTMR at 5:55

I usually start with Adventureland, and my first attraction is PotC, so I can just cancel that one if there´s no need for it, and make a different one maybe in fantasyland (Pooh or Little Mermaid maybe?)

HS: September 27
ToT at 1:55
Star Tours at 3:55
RnRC at 4:55

Again, going back and forth, but I couldn´t find anything better, and I can just do a second time on ToT if there´s not a long line when I come for my RnRC FP ;)

Epcot Day 2: September 28
SE at 9:30
TT at 11:25
M:S at 12:30

We want a leisurely day here, so we will enjoy whatever attractions we can during the morning, and then head to WS to enjoy the F&W booths and maybe have a drink (or several for DB, I will be driving so 1 is my limit).

In every park, we´ll just start walking around the parks, and if we find the attractions we have FP don´t have long waits, we´ll just get in line and decide if we want to repeat later, or just change our FP.

And now, I need to talk about the elephant in the room: Hurricane Irma. I´m so concerned!! I know I´m gonna miss the actual thing, but it´s still a big deal and I hope everyone in Fl stays safe. Please let´s all unite and pray to (insert deity of choice here) that this thing detours and there´s no significant damage. Also, I´m so excited and I don´t want to have to cancel my trip :banghead:
We definitely need some actual magic to happen here. Let´s keep our fingers crossed for everyone´s sake.

Thanks for reading, and I´m so sorry for the loooong text only post. I know these are no fun, but thanks to whoever reads it all for following. Have a great day! :cat:

Uncle Lupe

It's out of our hands and we get there 3 days earlier so I am somewhat worried. I just don't want it to linger. Move on and dissipate.

On the 20th we are suppose to be in the Land pavilion for a soaring FP 11:40 to 12:40. Just signed in to MDE and the 10 days to go was an OMG moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom