SEPT 22 - 28TH advice and questions

2excitedkids

Original Poster
I talked my hubby into our second trip this year. we just went in feb., it was his first time and my children's. well, when i seen the free dining i just had to tell him what a great deal it was, so after 4 days of begging and 2 hotels already out of ressies, he said yes and we are going back. i think i am the most excited person in the house right now.

there was one stipulation, he wanted to know where the money would come from to pay for this trip, i told him i would quit smoking, well i am day 2 and going nuts, but i just keep thinking of mickey and i am ok!!!!

any suggestions on where to eat this time around, somewhere fun? we did crt and whispering canyon last time around. looking for a different and fun meal! and does anyone know if anything is going on that week and how busy it will be, i don't like hot weather, but i guess i will just have to deal

durangojim

We'll be there during the same time. Check out the Halloween party, it's the best ticketed event imo. Weather can be hit or miss but it will be hot. Try to make dinig reservations soon because things will book up early with the free dining plan going on. Have a great trip!

By the way ask your doctor about Chantix to help you quit smoking. I prescribe it to my patients and it works very well.

lilclerk

For fun, I highly suggest 50s Prime Time Cafe (if you're willing to play along) and the Sci-Fi Drive In. We had a ball in both of them =)
Haha we just went in February, and my boyfriend and I were trying to decide if we wanted to go back for free dining. We were VERY close to booking, but backed out due to scheduling issues. Hopefully it'll be back next year!

shoes

woooo

We'll be there too. Look for us, we'll be the one's with the homemade double stroller again this year that helps us pay for the Halloween party that is a must see, along with the hoop-dee-doo. We are also doing the backyard BBQ this time. Prime time is great.... Sci-Fi .... le Celliar (?) in Epcot is must .. and why not try the Crystal Palace.... it's a favorite of ours!

Better get them ressies in now.... they're going quick!!!
Going back...!!! WOOOOOOO 15 of us this time!

aeillill

By the way ask your doctor about Chantix to help you quit smoking. I prescribe it to my patients and it works very well.

My mom uses Chantix and it's helped her quit. Be warned though, most insurance companies don't pay for Chantix. I work at a pharmacy and I'd say atleast 90% of the companies don't pay for it. It runs about $125.00, although if you think about it in the long run you end up saving money!

The last 2 years I've gone down to WDW around this time, the weather is still pretty hot in the 90's usually, crowds seem to be on the increase this time of year, but it's still not overly busy. Enjoy your trip! My mother and I will be down there at the same time also enjoying the benefits of free dining!

Good luck quitting as well!:sohappy:

Aurora23

Stay strong! You are doing a wonderful thing for you and your family!

We will be there the same week, too. Although it will just be me and DH. We are going to Liberty Tree Tavern (night of MNSSHP), Crystal Palace, Ohana, WCC, Chef Mickey's, San Angel Inn, Le Cellier, Mama Melrose, Sci-Fi and Boma. Most are favorites, but a couple are new to us/me.

Have a great time and make those ADRs soon!

Figment82

Kona Cafe and Boma are tops on my list! Le Cellier is also a favorite but is also one of the most popular and fills up extremely fast.

Have fun!

2excitedkids

Original Poster
ok everyone, it has been 3 days and the jitters are going away! i work at a hospital so i was able to obtain a script for chantix but the insurance i have won't pay for it, so i have went cold turkey and so far it is working.

as far as 50's prime time, we just went in feb. and our waiter tried to cheat us out of $20.00, we confronted him and he quickly gave it back to us without us even telling him how much we were owed. so, we have a bad taste in our mouth for that place. i am thinking about doing the princess breakfast in epcot but haven't heard many revues on it, we done crt for breakfast and was disappointed.

so, day 3 is going good without nicotine, hubby is over the road truck driver and he is on day 3 also. we have patches that i got free since my work is going smoke free, but we haven't had to use them yet.

no smoking = disney trip = well worth giving up a 12 year habit!

2excitedkids

Original Poster
5 days and counting!!! woo hoo, i think i have finally quit, this has been by far the longest i have ever went without smoking (since i have started anyway)

WISH ME LUCK

2excitedkids

Original Poster
i selected the wilderness buffet for one evening, i was tossed up with that and ohana,

can i get some opinions, ohana's looks good, i am not a huge buffet fan just because of the inconvenience of having to plate my food and then the 2 kids plates also.

SallyShine

i selected the wilderness buffet for one evening, i was tossed up with that and ohana,

can i get some opinions, ohana's looks good, i am not a huge buffet fan just because of the inconvenience of having to plate my food and then the 2 kids plates also.

Talk about a win, win! No more smoking and you get to go to WDW! When you say Wilderness Buffet, do you mean Trails End at Ft. Wilderness? I think you would like O'hana much more. It is one of our favorites. It's not really a buffet as they serve you family style. The food is great and it's a nice change from the counter service meals. They have coconut races and hula hoop contests. Trails End is a buffet (wait in line) and the food is good (fried chicken, ribs etc) but there are no bells and whistles. Definately, go for O'hana.

parker kim

Hi ohona was great we were there in oct. its all you can eat family style no lines to plate your meal in so thats helps you. you'll love the food if your a big meat eater. some of the side dishes were just o.k. but the dessert was great. when we were seated they brought us food right there and then and asked my 8 year old if she would like a chicken strip and frie meal and so she got that and cup of ice cream a the end and was welcome to have anything else she wanted that we had. they also did cococnt races with brooms for the kids. lots of fun.:)

coltow

If buffets aren't your thing then do a family style all you can eat, like Garden Grill or Liberty Tree Tavern. Just make sure to make ADR's right now. I hear most restaurants ar already out of space during the free dining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom