Send the country bears packing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kucarachi

Original Poster
I think its finally time to hibernate the bears that have been putting guest to sleep for the last few decades. They are racist looking, creepy, stereotyped rednecks and not sure how they are still in business. I'm sure some of you like them, but thats more nostalgia than entertainment. Why not bring in a woody's roundup kind of show and give some love to jessie, and bullseye. I find that the western portion of the park is lacking and that would give it an a-list show. You could even get some use out of stinky pete..there is nowhere in any of the parks that i seen a show with woody or buzz unless im missing something.

FettFan

I think its finally time to hibernate the bears that have been putting guest to sleep for the last few decades. They are racist looking, creepy, stereotyped rednecks and not sure how they are still in business. I'm sure some of you like them, but thats more nostalgia than entertainment. Why not bring in a woody's roundup kind of show and give some love to jessie, and bullseye. I find that the western portion of the park is lacking and that would give it an a-list show. You could even get some use out of stinky pete..there is nowhere in any of the parks that i seen a show with woody or buzz unless im missing something.

1. Racist? REALLY?

2. There is a difference between "stereotype" and "caricature".
4895019767_5ea46c40b4.jpg

104075441358243391OcICdFewc.jpg

3. If we get any more Pixar characters in the Magic Kingdom, we're all going to start puking. Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters/Space Ranger Spin was fine and dandy, but when they shoehorned Monsters Inc into Tomorrowland, that was the last bloomin' straw. What next, bulldozing Jungle Cruise for an UP ride?

4. Country Bears was one of the last attractions Walt had a hand in designing. It's sacred ground when it comes to Disney parks, and also the reason a lot of people were so ed off that it got gutted at Disneyland to make way for Winnie the Turd.

5. There's already a Woody and Jessie show --- Woody's Roundup

EDIT -- That all being said...Country Bears could use an update. Replace all of the pneumatic features with hydraulic pistons, since the hissing bleeder valves and the *click click click* of the eyes and brows gets louder each time I go back. Make the bears look and act more organic.
And put some fur on their faces. The plastic face bears look more like 1970s Planet of the Apes makeup.

AgentB911

I might be in the minority, but I concur with the original poster. I find the show very dull and boring. The music is way too slow for a Jamboree. It's a great place to take a nap though. That and the Tiki Room are good for naps. Just my two cents.

koryadams

hahahaha yeah I don't think they will take away a Walt original attraction. I like it an it should stay because it is a part of Walt Disney personally! I already hared how they got rid of it at DL and they also took away Swiss Family Robinson tree house. Too much history in these attractions.

kap91

Honestly, Country bears is probably the only orginal attraction I wouldn't mind see going. However, I'm nervous about that prospect because the last thing I want is another shuttered building or new gift shop at the kingdom.

Weather_Lady

The thing is, there are also people for whom the Tower of Terror is not their cup of tea. One of the best things about Disney World is that it has something for everyone, from small children to great-grandparents. For those who want non-stop excitement, you've got it. For those who want to see only the latest characters, you can find them, too. And for those of us who enjoy entertainment at a slower pace, in a style which actually hearkens back to a bygone time and place (which is, after all, what Frontierland is all about), for those of us who have an attention span longer than 5 minutes and who don't require pyrotechnics or laser light shows or interactive touchscreens in order to enjoy good music, we have things like the Country Bears.

Switching up the Country Bears for something newer, flashier and more watered-down in terms of a Frontier-era connection (an animated toy in a cowboy hat = American frontier, apparently?) would be a shame. It would homogenize the park's attractions instead of preserving their diversity, and throw away something perfectly good just for the sake of change.

rsoxguy

Everyone, including the OP, is entitled to an opinion, as am I. It is my opinion that CBJ fits well with the theme of FrontierLand, although I do see it as a hokey, silly, but somewhat fun attraction. Nostalgia has little to do with enjoying this show. It's more about letting go of one's desire for technological excitement, and also letting go of the need to make certain that there is no source of potential offense in every little corner of the world. At some point, being less of a stiff can make living this life more of a joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom