Selling Disney Parks Merchandise on eBay

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
If it's a really hot item, the line will be very long so that will discourage them.

Or tie it to the park ticket. 2 per ticket.
This!

The Splash Mountain Pop was limited to just two per person when it hit the website, but you could buy up to 10 in store. There is literally no reason why you should allow one person to buy up to 10 of those things for themselves.

LUVofDIS

Definitely limiting it to a per ticket purchase is the way to go. I saw a person walking around at the MNSSHP last year with a bag full of Boogie Woogie popcorn buckets. Call it capitalism, I just call it greed and because of greedy people like that limits need to be instituted. It goes to show that just like corporations, people struggle to self regulate.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Exclusive merchandise, Passholder giveaways and other Disney Parks items are becoming harder to acquire with eBay resellers buying merchandise in bulk to flip online. Personally, I don't think it should be difficult to get specific merchandise if you are at the park, rope dropping the day it releases, but with people (families even?) buying the 10/per person limit each (surely not just for themselves?) it's not always guaranteed to get the items.

I've seen the Food and Wine Annual Passholder cutting board already listed on eBay (before the event has even started).

I know some people don't have the opportunity to get to the parks to buy this merchandise, so eBay is a great way to snag a item you may really want, but are raised prices worth it? Are purchases limits on certain items in the park too steep? Interested to hear your thoughts!
Such are the perils of the free enterprise system. If Disney wanted to stop this, they could/would.
How do YOU feel about it? Visit THIS THREAD and let us know...

DCruzCollector

As a collector, it is awesome Disney only releases limited items that few can get hence jacking up the price of a certain item. That is literally the point of offering limited release. These people are just crying because their collector item has gained value to fast? Also if you wear Nikes, or any number of brands shop at walmart you are contributing to slave labor and paying way more jacked up prices for you need. Yet you choose to make your battle about a luxury item? Go pick a battle worth fighting, you think disney paid $20 to make those pieces of plastic? Get real.

jloucks

As a collector, it is awesome Disney only releases limited items that few can get hence jacking up the price of a certain item. That is literally the point of offering limited release. These people are just crying because their collector item has gained value to fast? Also if you wear Nikes, or any number of brands shop at walmart you are contributing to slave labor and paying way more jacked up prices for **** you need. Yet you choose to make your battle about a luxury item? Go pick a battle worth fighting, you think disney paid $20 to make those pieces of plastic? Get real.

And then there is what Disney pays its front-liners. :rolleyes:

jloucks

An item is only worth what somebody will pay for it. So, the complaint is really just about the ability to purchase an item for less than it is worth.

How do you complain about that??

thomas998

Disney puts the merchandise out to sell. They know theres people buying up exclusives and other items that are limited to resell at a huge profit. When they say its limited to 10/ person, those people bring friends in to buy up more for them. Those of us who cannot be in the parks when those opportunities open up have limited access to those items so we are at the mercy of resellers. I wish Disney would offer more online to us who live away. You know you are paying way more than the item was listed for and have to decide if its worth the cost to buy the collectable. I've found some amazing deals over the years but have also gritted my teeth purchasing things I really really wanted knowing I was being taken advantage of.
Disney has no reason to put them online, that would defeat the purpose of them being park exclusives. Of course what I have found is that often these limited issue park exclusive items end up in Disney Outlets for a fraction of the price they were originally sold at. As for gritting your teeth on an over priced item, I would suggest you just wait. I've seen a sort of pattern on some items like the annual Halloween Party limited party pins, they pop up on ebay at outrageous prices and then slowly they drop in price because their just aren't enough collectors to support the higher prices.. We used ebay to finish out our set of mystery pins last year because we thought it would be cheaper than just buy box after box of mystery pins until we got the last one we needed... Initially we saw them going for about 25 or 30 , we just waited and by December we found the prices had dropped and we got it for 12 which was more than I really wanted to pay but was certainly better than what it was earlier and probably cheaper than if we had just kept buying boxes hoping for that last pin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom