Security Times

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
So I saw some discussions about security wait times at MK on the Ferry thread. I was curious what the security wait times were like at AK and HS during EMH in the morning?

The Quick Service Breakfast doesn't even open at our resort until 7 a.m. Therefore, I doubt we will be able to leave the resort until 7:30 accounting for eating time. We will be driving ourselves. If the EMH starts at 8 a.m., how early should we be there to pass through security and still make rope drop?

Also we are going to MK on our arrival day at about 5.p.m. and again a few days later for another whole day. We were thinking of driving ourselves at least once of the two days so I children can experience riding the Monorail and ferry for the first time. I don't know what security wait times will be like June 10-18th, so which day would be best to drive? We were planning on the rope drop the second day.

JIMINYCR

Get there as early as you can manage after eating. June is a busier season. EMH is popular and especially since the top rides are targeted early. Times getting in can vary greatly. I've had times when crowds were immense and still was able to get through in very little time, and other times it took forever. Ive usually entered AK in less time than HS. When I approach the security areas I scan the lines and try avoiding the line with the security person whose scrutinizing every inch of every little pouch. Others do a quick glance through and you're through. But times waiting to be cleared through can be as little as 10 - 15 minutes and extend longer as more crowds gather.

Goofyernmost

I've gone through the "past" security systems at Disney many times and in spite of all the griping, it has never taken over 5 minutes no matter what time it was. Last month when I entered Universal it seemed like all of humanity arrived there at the same time. The most time spent was gathering up my belongings after, not even 10 minutes I would guess.

thomas998

Get there as early as you can manage after eating. June is a busier season. EMH is popular and especially since the top rides are targeted early. Times getting in can vary greatly. I've had times when crowds were immense and still was able to get through in very little time, and other times it took forever. Ive usually entered AK in less time than HS. When I approach the security areas I scan the lines and try avoiding the line with the security person whose scrutinizing every inch of every little pouch. Others do a quick glance through and you're through. But times waiting to be cleared through can be as little as 10 - 15 minutes and extend longer as more crowds gather.
I second the looking ahead for the Barney Fife that wants to check every possible crack and crivas of the 5 year old's Cinderella purse... but you will sometimes position yourself into the fast life only to have them switch people right before you get there... which is a royal pain.

But you should avoid taking any bags in if you are trying to avoid lines because the bag lines are the biggest problem if you don't have a bag line usually are worse for the ticket takers than the non-bag security.

Ricap

I'm not sure about the specific time of year, but I just got back and it wasn't too bad. We got to DHS at about 7:40 and were in for rope drop at 8 no problem (left resort by bus at 7:15). Next day was AK, when we left resort (bus again) around 7:25 and got there at about 7:55. We were in the park a few minutes after rope drop. It was a quick enough security process, but there were already decent lines at the rides. If you're driving yourself it's worth leaving an extra few minutes early.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom