SeaWorld announces new rides

napnet

Original Poster
Three new children's rides and a new show tied to Sesame Street will be debuting at SeaWorld Orlando this spring, the theme park announced Monday.

The show, called "Elmo and the Bookaneers," combines singing, dancing and a swashbuckling-pirate story, featuring Sesame Street characters.

The rides, Ocean Commotion, The Flying Fiddler and the Sea Carousel are being built in SeaWold's children's area, called Shamu's Happy Harbor.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...news-seaworld031907,0,7945166.story?track=rss

crazydaveh

About time they make it official. The rides are sitting behind JTA for everyone to see!

I wonder where they're putting the Sesame Street show. Pet's a Hoy going away?

CatLady

Pet's a Hoy going away?
I hope not. I enjoy that show more than I do Blue Horizons.

Maybe they will put it at Bayside Stadium. Fusion is kind of directionless, and it has never been a huge hit with the guests. And Mr. Busch would prefer that there be something in that venue full time, not just seasonally.

BarryH

I would think the Sesame Street show will go into Shamu's Happy Harbor. I think there is space to put a small stage. Bayside Stadium seems way too big for that show, unless there are skiing Elmos. :ROFLOL:

Rabflmom

Also announced today was the return of SHAMU ROCKS! It will begin again on Memorial Day Weekend

BTW is my font large enough? On some boards my font is so small it can't be read since we are using FoxFire .

CatLady

I know someone who has seen the Sesame Street show, so it's up and running. I think some of the rides are up, but at least one is still incoming. You could see large, red, crab-shaped objects (part of a ride, I assume) behind Journey to Atlantis from International Drive yesterday.

Number_6

I hope not. I enjoy that show more than I do Blue Horizons.

Maybe they will put it at Bayside Stadium. Fusion is kind of directionless, and it has never been a huge hit with the guests. And Mr. Busch would prefer that there be something in that venue full time, not just seasonally.

The last time I was there, which was about three weeks ago, they had a good amount of Sesame Street related items over at Bayside Stadium. The Stadium itself was not open yet, but it seems a good bet that if they're storing everything there, they will likely have the show there. Especially since some of the stuff looks like it's designed to float. You can see everything from the bridge that connects from the area of Seafire Grill to Shamu Stadium.

Rabflmom

According to the Spring calendar the Sesame Street show Elmo and the Bookaneers will be in Bayside Stadium. It will only be there till Labor Day.

Also starting Memorial Day week, Discovery Cove will have Twilight Discovery which is 3-9PM Tuesdays-Friday May 29-August 31.

crazydaveh

Yup, Elmo and friends are hanging out in Bayside Stadium. I saw it last week but didn't have my camera. We spent too much time in the beer house to take pictures anyway!

CatLady

I was at SeaWorld for a while yesterday, and the new ride construction is underway. I didn't have a camera with me (good thing, since the rain caught me unaware!), but the top of the carousel is visible. It's blue-green, with a huge, pink octopus on it. Very cute.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom