ScreamScape 11/22: More DTD Rumors

bdinger

I'd be sad to see HOB go if they did indeed move out. We've seen many shows there over the years. It's one of the things we do when we plan our vacation -- check who's playing at HOB when we're there.

pax_65

The trolley would have the potential to revitalize the West Side, since a lot of people either park or take the bus/boat to DD and never bother to walk over to the West since there's not that much over there to justify the walk. The trolley would make the transport easier and encourage more even traffic flow, which hopefully would encourage more attractive offerings on the West Side.

I'd be VERY sorry to see HOB leave... it's one of the few decent restaurants on Disney property that you can still get a reservation at during your trip, without planning 6-months out.

MKCP 1985

The trolley would have the potential to revitalize the West Side, since a lot of people either park or take the bus/boat to DD and never bother to walk over to the West since there's not that much over there to justify the walk. The trolley would make the transport easier and encourage more even traffic flow, which hopefully would encourage more attractive offerings on the West Side.

I'd be VERY sorry to see HOB leave... it's one of the few decent restaurants on Disney property that you can still get a reservation at during your trip, without planning 6-months out.

that, plus a D23 discount of 15% on food (alcohol excluded)

the trolley would be nice though.

lazyboy97o

I think Disney needs to look at a Trolly System that would run from EPCOT Monorail station to Downtown Disney. Could have stops at Boardwalk, Disney Hollywood Studios, Etc. on the way.

This might greatly reduce bus traffic.
It would just move the traffic. If road congestion was to dealt with, the trolleys would have to run on a dedicated right of way and this same effect could be done with dedicated, even separated, bus lanes.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
It would just move the traffic. If road congestion was to dealt with, the trolleys would have to run on a dedicated right of way and this same effect could be done with dedicated, even separated, bus lanes.

Or a Peoplemover type system...like the one they had planned to put when developing that Disney Village/Downtown Disney area.

lazyboy97o

Or a Peoplemover type system...like the one they had planned to put when developing that Disney Village/Downtown Disney area.
When that was planned, the WEDway was an in house system. Since then the technology has been sold to Bombardier. Such a system is still going to be considerably more expensive than buses. Not very magical, but it is the reality of the situation.

ellyka112

I never said I didn't like DTD. I'm just looking at it from a business perspective. A potential tenant is most concerned with how well their business will perform in a location versus the rent they will pay. They will look at various locations and weight these two factors so they can choose the option that will deliver the most profit. All of the local retail areas experience a large throughput of people. DTD is no busier than FL Mall, Mellinia Mall, Outlet malls, etc. We perceive it as a greater value because it's Disney but from a business perspective it's all bout how many people are going to be walking past your business and in this area Disney doesn't really have anything over the competition.
No idea how big the place is but from the pictures and the virtual ride through the place would appear to be a pretty large 2 story restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom