Scooters

ForeverAnna

Original Poster
My sister injured her knee. We really should rent a wheelchair or EVC for her when we're at DL next week but her ego won't allow it. Does anyone know if DL rents those scooters you kneel on or know of some place down there that does? Are they even allowed in the park?

GiveMeTheMusic

My sister injured her knee. We really should rent a wheelchair or EVC for her when we're at DL next week but her ego won't allow it. Does anyone know if DL rents those scooters you kneel on or know of some place down there that does? Are they even allowed in the park?

They do not rent those at the park, but I don't see why they wouldn't be allowed as long as you bring a doctor's note just in case. May be best to call the park in advance.

Pluto89

If you go to http://scooterbugmobilityrentals.com/equipment.html#scooters
They have a stand up scooter and its a rental place that is Disney certified. They deliver and pick up at the resort if you stay on property;)

KikoKea

Knee scooters are allowed- a friend used one last year. She also managed to go over the curb or get caught in the tracks- not sure which but it ended up badly. Just wondering- if she has a bad knee, wouldn't kneeling on the scooter be difficult?

mickEblu

Scooters.... Almost got ran over by one by the same person twice on my last trip.

Good luck finding one for your sister. Unless of course the lady that almost ran me over is your sister. I doubt it though. She was like 85 and didn't appear to know how to operate it.

SSG

Scooters.... Almost got ran over by one by the same person twice on my last trip.

Good luck finding one for your sister. Unless of course the lady that almost ran me over is your sister. I doubt it though. She was like 85 and didn't appear to know how to operate it.

A few years back, my girlfriend (now wife) was knocked over by one of those things and the wheel ran over her foot. We were heading to TL to use our Fastpasses for Star Tours but instead spent the next couple of hours at the first aid station.

She still tells the story that she knew I was Mr. Right when I gave up my Star Tours FP to hang with her while she iced her foot.

ForeverAnna

Original Poster

No that definitely wasn't my sister. We noticed that a lot of people aren't paying attention to the scooters. It will be easier when we go to DCA tomorrow I'm sure.

At point during the day yesterday I asked if she wanted to go on Autopia. She replied that she'd already had enough driving adventure with the scooter.

mickEblu

A few years back, my girlfriend (now wife) was knocked over by one of those things and the wheel ran over her foot. We were heading to TL to use our Fastpasses for Star Tours but instead spent the next couple of hours at the first aid station.

She still tells the story that she knew I was Mr. Right when I gave up my Star Tours FP to hang with her while she iced her foot.

Now that's romance !

Curious Constance

Didn't another person nearly run you over and then biff it on a scooter? Lol scooters must me drawn to you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom