Sci-Fi Drive- In Question

ryguy

I have never eaten at the Sci-fi Drive In and was wondering if the movies that they show on the big screen would creep out my 2 1/2 year old and my 5 year old. It seems like some of the clips have big spiders and monsters, just wondering if anyone has brought there children here and if this was a problem. Thanks :wave:
RyGuy

MKCP 1985

I've eaten there several times when it was packed with plenty of children that age and have never seen any freakouts. The monsters don't look real at all by today's standards and there are silly cartoons interspersed in between.

If your children are extra sensitive to scary images, you might enjoy Prime Time better.

Upvote 0

natalia1681

They don't show entire movies--just clips of old movies with silly looking aliens, etc. The entire restaurant is darkened, though, with the tables being lit so that you can see your food. I have seen many kids in the restaurant, who seemed to be enjoying the car-style booths.:wave:

I hope that you have a great time!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I would say that you are safe. The screen is farther away, and while dark, it's not dark like the movies, and with all the cars around and the people...it diminishes the impact of the screen. Kind of like the TV when viewed from another room.

Also as was said, the images change a lot, and it's not just the campy 50's Sci Fi, it's also Tom and Jerry in space, commercials and the like. Go for it, it truly is a special experience.

Upvote 0

durangojim

My son was there when he was 3 months, 9 months, and 2 1/4 years old and never had a problem. He's requested that we go back when we're there in September. Nothing is scary, it's very 50s style kitsch (if that's the correct term).

Upvote 0

silentb0b

my kids (ages 3 and 4)luv the clips, but actually their favorite thing about the place is eating in the cars. you should have no issues whatosever.

Upvote 0

kstella

The clips are mostly cheesy and the special effects by today's standards are ridiculously funny. They wouldn't want to show anything gross, they do want people to eat!:lol: The old drive in ads they show are really funny.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom