Save the Great Movie Ride Petition

raven

Yeahhhh remember how badly they tried to save this......That didn't even go to well....
Save-Mr-Toad-01.jpg
munnybw.gif
Or Horizons? Or even the "Save the Adventurers Club" thread that people STILL post in? :cool:

DeweyDuck

Original Poster
Its a Disney Classic. As mentioned, it doesn't need to be replaced, it needs to be upgraded and the new Mickey ride should be an addition to Sunset Strip.

There should be a whole land dedicated to Mickey and Friends next to Sunset Strip, based on the old cartoons and Mickeys adventure in Hollywood etc. Move One Man's Dream and the Mickey and Minnie meet and greet in there also. I guess they could even have Oswald, I'm sure people would love a meet and greet. I really feel a section like this would support the Hollywood theme of the park instead of just random IPs tied loosely together.

dwunderer

When I rode this for the first time 2 years ago I really liked it. I'm just returning from my WDW trip and I can say the guide and the gangster on the ride this time really didn't do it for me. Seemed like they weren't really trying.

Darth Figment

Save the great movie ride , get rid of hall of presidents , Ellen's energy ride will probably be the guardians of the galaxy roller coaster or something

FettFan

@Herbie has started a petition to save the GMR which was posted in the "Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM; Attraction to Close" page.

I just wanted to pull this out so everyone can see before it gets lost among all the page updates. It's probably too late to save the GMR anyway and not that Disney really responds to these but it's worth a try. You can sign below:

https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-d...e-great-movie-ride-disney-s-hollywood-studios

Thanks!

I admire your heart and I love the great movie ride....but online petitions are meaningless. If Disney deems GMR to close, it's going to close.

Heck, back in the 90s, not even having a massive letter writing campaign and demonstrations inside the park could save Mr. Toad.
signshot.jpg

Lisa t

while I like that The Great Movie is different, I took a survey on the Mickey and Minnie ride that some people have said will replace it, and I think it's too cool to pass up. I don't think they build another building for it.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Just another reason for Disney to go ahead with my idea for a new park which would be a whole park of attractions that closed at other parks. Like a "retirement home" for rides that all of us devotees have loved over the years. That way we could still go on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, The Skyway, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, Streets of America, and Toon Town again. LOL!
There might be some money in a park like that

Walt Disney1955

Save the great movie ride , get rid of hall of presidents , Ellen's energy ride will probably be the guardians of the galaxy roller coaster or something

Oh man, no. Hall of Presidents is a classic. Leave it. It is an original 1971 opening day attraction.

By the way, the Great Movie Ride is an attraction I have always loved. I never understood the hate for it. I am a big movie buff so I got it. Update it, sure, never stop ways to improve things but come on, leave it alone, it fits in there nicely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom