Save the Adventurers Club

Master Gracey

Original Poster
As we watch the last hours of 2023 soon become the first hours of 2024, I thought I would share with you once again the last Official Meeting of the Adventurers Club to date! Dec. 31, 2015's "Countdown to Midnight" event at the Yacht Club Convention Center where the smallest room they could provide for the Adventurers Club was overflowing with the attendees, leaving event's headliner, Vanessa Williams, wondering why no one was in the main room for her performance!

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND KUNGALOOSH ADVENTURERS!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
As we watch the last hours of 2023 soon become the first hours of 2024, I thought I would share with you once again the last Official Meeting of the Adventurers Club to date! Dec. 31, 2015's "Countdown to Midnight" event at the Yacht Club Convention Center where the smallest room they could provide for the Adventurers Club was overflowing with the attendees, leaving event's headliner, Vanessa Williams, wondering why no one was in the main room for her performance!

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND KUNGALOOSH ADVENTURERS!

I sure miss this place. It was a life impacting experience. If you know. You know. If you dont. Im sorry.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Happy 35th anniversary of the Walt Disney Co. reopening Merriweather Pleasure’s Adventurers Club that had been closed and sealed since Pleasure’s disappearance in 1941! Now…if only it would reopen once again…
IMG_7790.jpeg

asianway

They should have put it where the Cake Bake Shop is going and kept the 21 and up age limit. Like Trader Sam's, it would have been the Must See place at the Boardwalk....
In a place they don’t let you park? It would be a nonstarter and close faster than Starcruiser

LSLS

More the cost of employing everyone who would be needed to work there would be way more than they would ever be willing to spend with this management.

TrainsOfDisney

More the cost of employing everyone who would be needed to work there would be way more than they would ever be willing to spend with this management.
It would still be popular with only a few actors per night. 2 actors, 1 swing, 1 piano player, 1 tech. and a stage manager? Yes it adds up but it would be popular. Could run it only 4 nights a week even.

Wendy Pleakley

I was under the impression it closed mostly because Disney wanted to remove the night club element at Downtown Disney.

It did, from the sounds of it, have a lot of die hard fans. Maybe it was too many people taking up space every single night and not spending enough.

They could do something like bring it back as a regular bar and have ticketed show nights or something. With the Luau gone another dinner show should be a good addition.

I've always said it's the little things outside of the theme parks that make Disney visits feel special.

TrainsOfDisney

I was under the impression it closed mostly because Disney wanted to remove the night club element at Downtown Disney.
Yes and…..

My understanding is pleasure island as a whole was losing money. They were slowly wanting to convert clubs into rentals that offered live music - that was Raglan Road.

But then they decided to just pull the plug completely and shut all the clubs.

Comedy Warehouse and Adventurers Club could have stayed and made a profit.

Adventurers Club could have even become a dinner show with the same price points as Hoop dee Doo.

Bocabear

They could have even charged more....
I think Trader Sam's concept could work as an expanded dinner show too... Keep the bar for adults and do the dinner show as a crazy dining experience for the whole family...where the room comes alive like Trader Sams but more like the Enchanted Tiki Room...a couple performers, a lot of schtick with the servers, and a very planned seating of crazy 1940's-50s Polynesian American Kitsch...It would be a HUGE hit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom