Saratoga Springs or Mandara Spa?

rufio

DF and I are thinking about taking a spa day for a couple's massage during our honeymoon this December if there are any openings and if the prices are reasonable. Have you been to either? I'm wondering which is better overall and which is more cost-effective. Thanks! :)

jlsHouston

I went over to the Dolphin and did a facial and massage pkg this past July. I thought the spa was clean, a little dated but not too bad, the lounge area where they had me wait in between was very uncomfortable bench like things, but I found this door leading off the wait area and it lead to a real lounge that was empty and quiet and very relaxing. The shower/locker area was kind of lacking in counter space. Both therapists were good, but they really try hard to sell the products they use while they are doing the service and again at check out. All in all it was a nice 3 hours of spa time but if you are a spa person like I am, you will find this spa a little lacking for what you would expect from a Westin owned resort. The prices were reasonable though for the package I selected and I will probably visit this spa again when we are there at Thanksgiving..

Upvote 0

MickeyPeace

I don't know how the services compare at the two resorts but having stayed at both resorts several times I can say this-
The spa at the Dolphin smells amazing. Mandara Spa is on ground level and the scents from the open door permeate the hallway as you walk by. It also has a very nice South East Asian decor.I've gone in and looked around but never gotten services. Last visit I thought it would be a great idea to check in then go downstairs, have a massage then go to the parks. Even though that sounded like a great plan after an early morning flight, I was too excited to get to MK and skipped the massage.

At Saratoga, I've looked around the spa after it was closed (guests can use their room key to work out in the gym after hours which is in the same building). There are many rooms both for men and women. The rooms do not have any theme however. They have the look of examination rooms in a hospital.

So although I can't say how each compares in service, I can say Mandara at the Dolphin looks and smells better.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom